Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Black with almond leather. Replaced grill and stand up hood badge. Now seriuosly considering the six split spoke AMG 18" wheels. Then I'll have sport on the inside and luxury on the inside. Love the wood steering wheel, mocha dash and trim on interior, and the round front lights. Plus, my either my wife or I would tear the front end off a Sport Trim with the molding and lower ride height.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both off ebay. Grill is easy. Search for W212 grill. The badge was much harder to find. NO OEM badge will fit in the indention of the hood on the W212. I found one on Ebay that uses the stock mounting mechanism and the person replaces where the stand up star stem would go with a stamped aluminum plate with the star. You need a 48mm diameter hood badge. If I can find the ebay listing I will post it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Mine's white. so not sure if it will look as crisp as yours. will post pics

Got a grille+badge from ebay. Got to installing the grille. Once I got to badge, started getting doubts on if I was doing it right. so postponing it till weekend.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Grille

·
Registered
2010 E550, 2008 Z06, 2000 ML430, Collector car
24 Posts
very nice.:thumbsup: I ordered the luxury model on my 2010 mainly for the monochrome interior. I do agree with you on the wheels. Why you cant get the sport with the mono interior only MB knows.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
very nice.:thumbsup: I ordered the luxury model on my 2010 mainly for the monochrome interior. I do agree with you on the wheels. Why you cant get the sport with the mono interior only MB knows.
Yes, we LOVE the interior on our luxury model with almond leather. I think it's the mocha leather and wood steering wheel and mocha dash and trim on tops of doors that make it look so 'rich'. Now that I have done the front grill and hood badge, don't see any reason not to put on some 18" AMG wheels. I know the downfalls (little harsher ride - but still softer than a sport because of luxury suspenesion, little worse gas mileage due to added weight of wheels, possibley a LITTLE more noiise from tires) but I still want to do it really badly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Details please

This looks fantastic and is exactly what I want to do with my awaited W212 E250. I would very much appreciate the full details on what you fitted and how.

·
Registered
'05 C230 Kompressor,
314 Posts
Anticipating ordering a W212, what exactly do you mean by "monochrome interior"? Pics?

·
Registered
2010 E550, 2008 Z06, 2000 ML430, Collector car
24 Posts
By monochrome I mean the full interior is the color you desire, from carpet to door panels. Only available with the luxury trim.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts