Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2009 mercedes s 550 4MATIC
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
DRIVING down the road in my 2009 550 4matic when I ingadge cruise .driving for a little while and the car starts slowing down and I pull over stop the car.shut it off .started it and drove another few miles stop shut it off and then it wouldn't ingadge in any gear .just heard weard noise like it was trying but wouldn't move.does anybody have any input on this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can't believe that I have no feed back on my situation.

·
Outstanding Contributor W221 Moderator
2010 E350 P1/P2, 2008 S550 Designo, 2002 ML320
1,910 Posts
Sorry Teddy, lot's going on personally and I have not had time to check in. Honestly the best way to figure out what's going on and how to solve it is to scan the car with the Mercedes Xentry diagnostics. Unlike the cars I learned on 30 years ago, the W221 is an electro-mechnical beast and needs good diagnostic tools for a proper diagnosis.

I've not heard of your particular set of circumstances, does it happen if you do not engage the cruise control?

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,928 Posts
I have also never seen the situation described, so have no valuable feedback (and I tend not to reply under those circumstances). Once the problem is found, I hope Teddy will let us know what it was.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will definitely share what the problem was and what it took to resolve it so that if anyone else experience my problem they might be able to solve it Thankyou for your response.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi everyone.well they say they have figured it out .They told me it was put in the on the lift.and found the problem to be the CV joint.This the first time I ever heard of the CV joint preventing the car from moving.These cars are rear wheel drive.And he also replaced some module he says the Mercedes are know to have problems with.My car is in South Florida and I will pic it up.next week .And I guess that's why the transmission was giving a code.Thank God it wasn't the transmission.

·
Outstanding Contributor W221 Moderator
2010 E350 P1/P2, 2008 S550 Designo, 2002 ML320
1,910 Posts
Glad to hear you got it sorted Teddy! These cars are such a dream to drive, hope you have many happy miles ahead.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,928 Posts
The description hat a CV joint caused the problem is odd, but I won't pretend to know more than the tech. However, a 4Matic is all-wheel drive, not rear wheel. I speculate that it is possible your transmission control unit sensed something wrong, and shut things down.

Is it possible the tech mentioned flex discs, rather than CV joints?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts