Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2000 CLK430
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[8D] I just wanted to finally post my honest viewpoints concerning High Performance Systems and their products.

I have been waiting for 2 years to finally take the plunge and boost up my excitement level with some REAL Engine Performance. After looking at all the alternatives: Klemann, Rentech, etc. I finally decided to wait for the debut of the new HPS Intake Mounted System.

I did my homework, since I work in the Computer Science Business so I know a bit about the complexity concerning good engineering and integration with the German computer hardware/software so I was hoping for a non-evasive system that is simple, yet gets the job done for reliability, performance, price and good looks.

HPS satisfied all my needs with their product for my 2000 CLK430 and also recommended a great installer Jim, of Mech Tech Motor Sports of Escondido, CA who is the most knowledgeable person I ever met in the supercharger and engine hop-up business.

My installation took 2 days to complete and the power was instant and without any issues what so ever. No problems to date after over 9,000 miles of pure fun!

I love my car now and it has the power to run with the older and newer CLK55's and then some.

The staff at HPS including the installation team is superb.

I highly recommend this product and have had -0- (ZERO) issues since my installation over 9,000 miles ago.

Please look at the pictures to make your own judgment. The performance is even hotter than the looks and the supercharger operates with virtually unnoticeable whine that is appealing since you can hear your exhaust sounds and that makes this a awesome package at a very affordable price in some cases half the price of the competition.

Thank you very much HPS and Mech Tech Motorsports
[:D]

Attachments

·
Registered
W208
216 Posts
I want to charge my 320 but is it worth it? Or should I sell this and get a 430 supercharge it or a 55 with some bolt ons? I love the w208 and would like to stick with it, if not then I want a CL w215 but I don't have that type of money so I'll have stick with my w208..anyhow your car looks great and I bet that things a monster compared to this lil ol 3.2..have fun with it cause I know I would

·
Registered
1999 CLK 320
149 Posts
this thread is an ad if I've ever seen one... [:D]

·
Registered
2002 430clk;2005 Yamaha YZF R1;08 Range Rover Sport
1,292 Posts
hey thanks for the advertisement.....who knows the price? LMAO

·
Registered
1999 CLK 430, 2001 ML 320
172 Posts
Since no one would list the damn price I went to the website and found an article mentioning the install on a newer CLK 500 and the price was $6995. Unless they have changed their prices, this is the kit price excluding install charges. Adam, does the article reflect the correct price or has the price changed? I think the newer kits are supposed to run 7 psi with A/W intercooling and should make up to 150 HP, more the the first gen kits.

·
Registered
2000 CLK430
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RE: Congratulation on your new mods.

[:)]I wanted to test this system before being premature with sometimes meaningless postings. I have had no problems or issues and I am looking forward to having fun this summer with my car.

·
Registered
2000 E55 / 2003 G500 / 2011 BMW M3
776 Posts
I'm guessing that "pro installation" will run $1200 - $1800 depending on what is involved. From what I have been able to gather on the W210 AMG thread, some cars seem to need additional MB factory parts (cooler tanks,filter boxes) etc. in order to look / work right.

Sounds like they are finally sorting everything out - which is great, but I want a few more completely satisfied customers before I write the check...but that's just me.

·
Registered
2002 CLK-430
166 Posts
All,
I have pasted the email HPS sent me on the HPS SC for the CLK430. Please see below.

Cheers,
Frankie[8D]

Frankie
HPS's has launched our second generation intake intercooled supercharger system, which is available for all V8-powered 1998+ Mercedes-Benz vehicles including C-, CL- CLK-, E-, G-, ML-, S-, SL- and SLK- Class models. Customers can expect power gains of up to 150 horsepower, with low-end torque gains to match. Pricing for the new systems will start at $7,500.

We do have an installer in Maryland, I don't have the files on hand. But when the new website is up and running that information will be available. In the mean time I attached installation photos of this system on a 2004 CLK500.

·
Registered
2002 CLK-430
166 Posts
Here are the photos they sent me.

Attachments

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
It's nice stuff, but I drove a '92 corolla to work for two years and that did 95mph on the highway. How much speed do you need?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts