Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the car a month ago and this is the third time its not starting.The first time it didnt start in the morning so my wife droped me to work and wheb I came home that afternoon it started up fine.I got on the forums and read some people saying it could be the K40 relay under the hood on the passenger side.I took it out looked at it on the inside and it seemed ok.The second time it didnt start my neighbor came outside and tried to start it.It kept trying to turn over while he was mashing the gas pedal and then I started to hit the K40 relay and it started.I think it was me hitting the relay he said it was him mashing the gas.Anyway it dove and started everytime for a couple of weeks then it didnt start again at work so I had someone at work start it while I hit the relay and it started.Now this morning it wouldnt start so I got a ride to work and thought that when I got home it would start but it didnt.Please help.

·
W203, W210 Moderator
E55 ///AMG
6,911 Posts
Welcome to Benzworld. Pls. complete your profile Vehicle yr/model and location.

Off you go to Non-AMG Section.

Cheers,
JOE55

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
Hi, 97. Chiming in with Joe55, please complete your online profile re: vehicle and location, that can be useful information.

Banging on anything isn't generally the preferred diagnostic method (except maybe for a door-knocker?) but it can be useful. If I whacked on the K40 while my friend cranked it and it started, I'd be thinking it was time to replace it, particularly since it is a known problem area in the early 210 years. It's not too expensive, check autohausaz.com and diyautoparts.com, one of them should have it.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts