Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Wow that looks great! Good luck on it. And thanks for the suggestions. Next time I'm at the front suspension I'll have to check it out carefully.

No self leveling rear and the brake fluid looks new. I had the wheels pulled Sunday and the brakes look great! I feel I can safely ignore them till spring :D Man this car is clean. I hate to drive it in winter.

I got my fuses. They're plastic and aluminum - of course. I emailed the seller and told him so, he said 'Why did you say that? They're copper and ceramic' lol. I feel a claim coming on, though it's minor. I'll give them to ReStore.

Per Dr Greenes suggestion I bought a spare ignition control module. I'll be replacing the heat transfer cement on the existing one soon. Friday I'm off to get the undercoating, get new tires, and mount studded tires on a spare set of rims I picked up the other day. A thousand dollar tire day! Oof.

I'll report back on the undercoating.

Pete

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sheepskins just arrived for mine, and a set for one of the wagons - just in time for winter (y)
I wanted to get some nice sisal mats as well but the color is on back-order :(
(shameless copy and paste image from another BW member - good taste!)

In the mean time, I'll take some of my own advice and service the Hydro-pneumatic rear suspension.
I was surprised to find this car has no EGR. I guess Canada emission regs were different than Ca/US in '90. Ignition trim resister is euro. I wonder if this is a high compression motor? Time to scrub for numbers when I'm at the car in a week.
The rear role-away shade is cool . . . the cushy foot cushions for the rear occupants are a tad gross - conceptually I mean. And the Original Mercedes/Alcatel telephone is still in it. It has a curly cord and everything! I think it requires wood or coal gasification to power it though, and probably only calls people still living in the 90's . . . in Canada I'm guessing.

Phil

21 - 23 of 23 Posts