Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Here is a pic of my 08 ML350 P2 package and 06 Range Rover sport. Thinking on modding the ML as well.

Thanks,:)
Mike

·
Registered
50 Posts
You rimmed up the Rover Sport that you drive so you have to rim up the
350 as well; unless the wife doesn't care about that stuff.
Have you raced them yet? Should be pretty close....
BTW, Nice.

·
Premium Member
7,273 Posts
Excellent pics, 2 of my favorite SUV's for sure. What are the wheels on the RRS?

·
Banned
4,583 Posts
Why would you buy a Land Rover? Why? I assume you haven't had the mis-fortune of owning one before. Why would you buy two white vehicles?

·
Registered
421 Posts
I cant let my GF see this post...she is obsessed with RR's.

They had a strech RR limo pick them up the other night for a party....

Sick cars.

Ahhh California....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pardon my ignorance, what package/option gets the chrome on the bumpers and if it was a package, what else did it come with?

Appearance package??? I would have to check but it was a whole bunch of things on top of P1 and P2.

Mike

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why would you buy a Land Rover? Why? I assume you haven't had the mis-fortune of owning one before. Why would you buy two white vehicles?
You asked why? Because I love it!!!! Actually I love them all...hehehe. It's actually best of both worlds. RR is a little more capable offroad :eek: but please dont get me wrong. I love the Merc as well. This is our second one. We had an 01 ML W163 prior to this.

Mike

·
Banned
4,583 Posts
You asked why? Because I love it!!!! Actually I love them all...hehehe. It's actually best of both worlds. RR is a little more capable offroad :eek: but please dont get me wrong. I love the Merc as well. This is our second one. We had an 01 ML W163 prior to this.

Mike
Hope you plan to dump it while its still under Warranty, because after that things do get rather expensive on the Land Rovers. Have you had to visit the dealer for any electronics failures yet? It's not a question of if, its when with these vehicles. They sure do live up to their name of the most unreliable SUV's on the road. That's for sure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congratulations, Mike. Is your rear bumper SS cover aftermarket, or the OEM they're selling for $500 ?
Thanks! Everything is OEM on the Merc. I have a ML63 rear spoiler that is getting painted and hopefully next week I can pick it up.

Mike :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Hope you plan to dump it while its still under Warranty, because after that things do get rather expensive on the Land Rovers. Have you had to visit the dealer for any electronics failures yet? It's not a question of if, its when with these vehicles. They sure do live up to their name of the most unreliable SUV's on the road. That's for sure.
Thank you and I appreciate the concern :) but so far I have no issues on the air suspension or anything else on the RRS since I got it in 06. I am over the warranty period now and so far so good. Actually I didnt get any air suspension or electrical errors even on a quick bath like the pic below ;-) I might get crazy and take the ML offroad as well......

Mike

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
Nice pictures!! Always nice to see someone not afraid of getting their SUVs dirty. I've never seen the RRS offroad before though. What's the fording depth of those compared to the RR?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice pictures!! Always nice to see someone not afraid of getting their SUVs dirty. I've never seen the RRS offroad before though. What's the fording depth of those compared to the RR?
Thanks! I think it's about 2.5 ft. and have taken higher than that. The air intake of the RRS is on the side grill and as long as it doesn't ingest water it should be ok. Water seal is tight and not a single leak through the doors.

Air suspension is good like this trail below compare to conventional as it really hugs the terrain. This video clip was the last offroading trip here in Cali. Total of seven Rovers and 2 LR3's getting dirty.

Cant wait to get the ML dirty as well and see how she does.

YouTube - Range Rover sport

Pokerplayer
Mike :)

·
Registered
798 Posts
The back windows on the ML in second picture looks super dark. Can't even see through the white background. Did you add a layer of aftermarket tint? If not, it looks really dark. Can you guess the VLT% of the factory treated back windows?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The back windows on the ML in second picture looks super dark. Can't even see through the white background. Did you add a layer of aftermarket tint? If not, it looks really dark. Can you guess the VLT% of the factory treated back windows?
It's factory tint. I have not added anything yet on the ML and completely stock for the exception of a rear spoiler next week :)

·
Premium Member
7,273 Posts
Late model MB's aren't much better. That's why long factory-backed warranties are so important with both makes.

·
Premium Member
7,273 Posts
It's between 15-20%. It's not quite that dark in person heh. I'm actually thinking of tinting it a bit more for the summer months!
fyi - I had my 2 front side windows done on my ML350 with 35% and they turned out just slightly lighter than the factory rear tint (looks good).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts