Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear MB lovers:<br>
I have purchased the C320 2 months ago. It has been given me a lot of problems, I have been in and out the repair dept for more then 4 times.<br>
Last time I had 'check engine lights on' then I took it in for repair. After I picked up my car, took a test drive, the engines seems like loosing power. Engine idles rough and very sluggish on accelation at times. Intermittent. Happens When vehicle has been driven and warmed up. At Stops, engine starts shaking like crazy. Man, this is bull shit!!!!! I almost got kill making a left turn at the green signal, cause the car turn half way then start hestitating and stop in the middle of the road. C320 has a lot of hidden problem. I have tried to contact customer service, they ignore me. I asked them is it possible to give me another one instead of this one. They said you need to talk to your sales people. But sales people denied. They want me talk to customer service again. I got this stupid car from Rusnak in Pasadena, California. So far they have fixed more than 6 areas on my car. And this is only 2 months old. I still haven't got my car back!!!<br>
This is non-sense!!!!! For those of you need more details, I am willing to contact you.<br>
<br>
Thanks<br>
<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have had 2 problems with the C240

I cant belive this crap. I thought by buying a benz i wouldnt have problems but I was wrong. I just bought a 2002 c240 3 weeks ago. First week the ABS light went on and wouldnt come off. Went to the dealer and the light was gone. They checked it out and said i had no problem. Yesterday I park my car in front of 7-11 and then I couldnt start the car. The car had to be towed and now they are telling me its the ignition system and that its going to be 2 days for the part. Have benz's become worse than american cars? Has any one else had similar problem?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey guys,<br> <br> I own a 2001 C320 and have had similar problems you descibe. I have had the car stall when making turns at low speeds. Dealer replaced a computer unit but problem still happens. Also have an extremly annoying rattling noise coming from rear and whizzing wind noise coming from rear door on drivers side. Have you resolved any of your problems?<br> <br> Jay<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: Must Read! Don't buy C320. A lot of hidden problems

Hi Jay,<br> <br> Did you get yours fix yet? I turned in the car on monday 17, just called and they still tell me problem still exists. This is non-sense. It has been 4 days already. They might send someone from Germany. Why mercedes now is worster than american car, i thought american car sucks, but I guess not. Because of this problem, i almost got killed when making a left turn at the signal.<br> I do notice that the noise coming from the driver side door. Especially when car passing by on the freeway, its extremely loud. I thought I didn't close the door or windwos tight. I want to put the problem on a car magazine, so people will re-consider before they purchase MB.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: Re: Must Read! Don't buy C320. A lot of hidden problems

I understand where u r coming from bro. Im sooooo pissed off at having my car towed after 2 weeks. The service guy told me the ignition was reading the key so they ordered a new ignition part and have to reprogram it. I cant belive this crap happened to me after 2 weeks. I used to have a 97 trans am before this and i had some problems but if this is the way german cars are then im sticking with the american cars. Plus no one can freaken explain why the hell the ABS light would come on and get stuck and then after acouple of hours go away. Its also like you said,its that damn computer system they use. It seems like they dont do crap but plug the damn car in a computer. Sounds like a kid can fix these cars if the computer is doing all the damn work. What a joke. However, my question to u is since u had all these problems dont u follow under the lemmon law? If not go back to the dealer and get your family,friends ect with u 'make sure u get like 10 people' and walk in there and speak with the manager and all of u insist on getting a new car. U need to try this bro. Im getting pissed of at my problem but im more pissed off at what happend to u. Keep me posted

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: Re: Re: Must Read! Don't buy C320. A lot of hidden problems

Hi Ronnie, Thanks for your repied.<br> The customer service guy finally called me today, he said after these days of testing, the top technican at RUSNAK mercedes found the problem. He said its a device called 'EMC' or something, I dont know what the hell is that but he said since they changed it, the problem is gone. They will keep testing it for 2 days for me. Bro, I am driving the Audi A4 (they rent it for me from enterprise rent a car). I have been driving this almost a week already, like it better than a benz.<br> By the way which model of mercedes did you puchase? Same as mine? One more thing, When I first got my car at the dealer, the air ventilation thing is broken (the one move up down left right). I can't belive how that happen. This is impossible unless someone did it purposely. Everytime when I complain to the salesman, he always say 'Don't worry, just bring it back to have them fix it, its free) Shit! they dont care how much time you waste on this thing, Plus I need to tell my boss to leave early just to leave the car or pick up the car. If I keep doing that, I am afraid I will get fired.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Must Read! Don't buy C320. A lot of hidden problems

Bro i feel the same way you do. Thats what sucks the most u have to leave work to go get your car then drop off the damn rental then pick yours. The reason you by a new car 1) is so you wont have damn problems for acouple of years,2)you buy german because its the best of the best, 3)you buy class. Well now i feel like benz is the safest but also no differnt than any other car when it comes to relaibilty. Im dispointed that after 2 weeks of owning my car i had to get it towed,miss some work hours,wait for a damn tow truck. Things like these should not happen to benzs. By the way I bought the C240, just like yours but less HRP. I didnt feel like the C320 was worth the extra money to be honest. However I did get my car back and my ignition computer system 'what ever the hell that was ' is fixed. I dont think you should be talking to the sales person. He has no control over any thing. U need to be talking to 1)sales manager,2)service manager,3)manager of public relations at the dealer and voice your problems. After hearing your story THEY NEED TO GIVE U A DAMN NEW CAR. I realy hope things work out for you but stay in touch. Ronnie

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Must Read! Don't buy C320. A lot of hidden problems

Bro i feel the same way you do. Thats what sucks the most u have to leave work to go get your car then drop off the damn rental then pick yours. The reason you by a new car 1) is so you wont have damn problems for acouple of years,2)you buy german because its the best of the best, 3)you buy class. Well now i feel like benz is the safest but also no differnt than any other car when it comes to relaibilty. Im dispointed that after 2 weeks of owning my car i had to get it towed,miss some work hours,wait for a damn tow truck. Things like these should not happen to benzs. By the way I bought the C240, just like yours but less HRP. I didnt feel like the C320 was worth the extra money to be honest. However I did get my car back and my ignition computer system 'what ever the hell that was ' is fixed. I dont think you should be talking to the sales person. He has no control over any thing. U need to be talking to 1)sales manager,2)service manager,3)manager of public relations at the dealer and voice your problems. After hearing your story THEY NEED TO GIVE U A DAMN NEW CAR. I realy hope things work out for you but stay in touch. Ronnie

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
C320 Trunk Lock Problems

I've had my C320 for one day and already I've had a technician come over to resolve a problem with my trunk lock. Using the metal key in the transponder, I was able to lock the trunk. However, I was unable to unlock the trunk manually, even with much effort. Note that when your trunk is locked manually, it cannot be unlocked by electronic means. As a result, I called Tele-Aid and a technician was sent to my home. He was able to turn the lock using pliers to turn the key counterclockwise to the unlock position. He said the problem was with the trunk lock itself and that it needed to be replaced. I was lucky that I had no important items in the trunk at the time, but this serves to show that no car, Mercedes or not, is 100% reliable and will have its problems, especially when computers and electronics are involved. My advice to everyone here is to see if you can unlock and lock your trunk manually, so you can get it replaced as soon as you can if any problems do exist.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: C320 Trunk Lock Problems

Jay, I have the same problem with my C32 AMG. In addition, my glove compartment lock was defective. My dealer has ordered the trunk and the glove comparment locks. However, it will be a while before they arrive because the parts have to be sent from Germany.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mercedes haven't gotten worse, they were always bad

My C-Coupe is my 4th benz and my first was a 1984 190D. What a lemon. They finally took it back under the lemon law. The replacement car needed a horn, radio and transmission in the first month. But after 10 years of not owning one I'm pretty happy in my first 2 months of the C-Coupe. MB builds cars while drunk on beer. Never buy a car built in September during OktoberFest. The bright side is once you work out those initial quality issues they are great cars that last a long time. My lemon law replacement was a disaster the first two months but then was perfect for the next 6 years and over 100,000 miles and then for another 6 with my brother and another 100,000 miles.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Must Read! Don't buy C320. A lot of hidden problems

Hi Ronni,<br> <br> Finally I got my car yesterday, they didn't even have time to wash it. Now the problem has solved.<br> Next time I will send you the details on what did they do to my car so far, ok.<br> <br> Did you install HID head lights on your C240?<br> Factory HID cost too much, but I have changed the white light bulbs for the head lights and fog lights. Looks very nice bro. May be next time I can send you a picture of my car. I also want to change the brabus rims like 18' <br> Whats your email address? Keep in touch .have a good one.<br> <br> Cedric<br> <br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Must Read! Don't buy C320. A lot of hidden problems

Hey cedric, Sorry I havent responded but been busy. My email address is ([email protected]) Lets stay in touch and also send me a pic of the lights if u can. I havent done anything to my car. Not sure if i will, sounds like these cars are fradgile. Im considering getting the C32 in like a year or 2 but kind of scared now of doing that after having my problem,your problem and everythig else im reading. Any way, keep in touch.<br> <br> Ronnie

1 - 13 of 13 Posts