Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've already had my car into the dealer to address a soft brake pedal. Service Mgr agreed that pedal was mushy (able to press more than half-way to the floor). They bled the system with only a slight improvement (probable a placebo effect). Perhaps I was spoiled in my Carrera but my wife's pedal (BMW) is much more firm. Any similar experiences out there?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The E55's brakes are far softer and less communicative than the 996 Carrera, but then that was the one area in which the ass-engined plastic missile excelled. Pedal travel on the E55 is certainly more marked than than on the Porsche, but the important thing is that jumping on the anchors still stops the car :)<br> <br> The 740i I had a couple of years back sported a pedal which travelled pretty much all the way to the tufts in the carpet. It was rather unnerving at first as you might expect, but the BMW dealer claimed it was 'within its permitted range' (tchah, <I>riiight<I>) and looking back I never had a scary moment when I thought the car wasn't going to stop.<br> <br> In essence, I shouldn't worry :) Hope this helps.<br> <br> Jamie -- London, UK.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts