Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there are any issues using multiple phones with the Motorola option? The car came with the Timeport, but I'd like to purchase an additional V.60 for my wife to use. Are there any gotcha's I should be aware of?<br>
<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Are you going to buy the MB V.60 ? If so, then there shouldn't be a problem.

That was my plan.... The 'Sales Guy' told me he thought they might not work, but I couldn't see a reason why not. As long as it has the MB firmware, the connector for the V.60 is the same.<br> <br> Thanks!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will they sell the V60 phone by itself, if so how much is it? I just got the V60 for 350.00 from Circuit City because I couldn't justify the 2200.00 price from MB for the kit and install. I loose the integration, but thats life.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are the connectors really the same?

Just looked at my friends V. series phone, and the connector on the bottom is different. Does anyone know if the MB Timeport and V.60 phones have the same connector? (I had just assumed they did....)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Timeport and V60 are different. Different install kit and different firmware..

I thought you were implying using two V60s in the same car.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I only wish...

Unfortunately, when we picked up the car, it had the TimePort install kit in it. We didn't even realize it was an option as the 'picture' showed a V.60. Definitely don't want to pay the full $2K for the whole new kit..... but can't stand the TimePort phone.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Motorola V60 and AT&T Wireless Compatibility

Does anyone know if you can get an AT&T Wireless service with the Motorola V60 as installed by MB? The Service Tech at a Northern Virginia dealership claims that the only networks that the phone is compatible with locally are Verizon and Cingular. I know that Verizon uses CDMA (v60c) and Cingular uses TDMA (v60t). AT&T is also TDMA, and I simply wondering if anyone is currently using AT&T Wireless with their V60.<br> Thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone interested in a v60c and car kit motorola not mercedes brand new in the box 500.00 USD

Can only sell to US no other country Sorry verizon network but may work for others car kit has radio mute output if your radio has that option

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Motorola V60 and AT&T Wireless Compatibility

I depends on which v.60. There's a v.60c for CDMA, a v.60g for GSM and a v.60t. I don't know which ones MB has, but they most likely have the c and t in the US.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: I only wish...

WHY DO YOU HATE THE TIMEPORT SO MUCH. I HAVE A 2001 ML AND AM LOOKING TO BUY A CAR KIT WITH PHONE IF YOU HAVE A ML AND ARE INTERESTED IN SELLING?<br> PAUL

·
Registered
'02 C230K
1 Posts
Re: Motorola V60 and AT&T Wireless Compatibility

Does anyone know if you can get an AT&T Wireless service with the Motorola V60 as installed by MB? The Service Tech at a Northern Virginia dealership claims that the only networks that the phone is compatible with locally are Verizon and Cingular. I know that Verizon uses CDMA (v60c) and Cingular uses TDMA (v60t). AT&T is also TDMA, and I simply wondering if anyone is currently using AT&T Wireless with their V60.<br> Thanks
I live in Fort Lauderdale, FL and my dealer down here listed the AT&T Wireless Motorola V60i as a choice (refer to my post here http://www.csportcoupe.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=21266#post21266).

I'm actually currently in the same dilemma except I'm even more specific: 1) I want a GSM phone, 2) it has to be WAP capable (the former implies the latter usually), and 3) I want it to work with my voice recognition.

Does anybody know if this is possible? perhaps via components from Europe?

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
Re: Re: Motorola V60 and AT&T Wireless Compatibility

I live in Fort Lauderdale, FL and my dealer down here listed the AT&T Wireless Motorola V60i as a choice (refer to my post here http://www.csportcoupe.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=21266#post21266).

I'm actually currently in the same dilemma except I'm even more specific: 1) I want a GSM phone, 2) it has to be WAP capable (the former implies the latter usually), and 3) I want it to work with my voice recognition.

Does anybody know if this is possible? perhaps via components from Europe?
Yes, I have all that.

We're working on kits to retrofit cars complete with all cables, but we haven't done a W203 coupe yet. We do have a W203 test car, we just haven't gotten around to it yet! They are also a little different in configuration, because some have Teleaid and some do not.

-s-

1 - 15 of 15 Posts