Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
05SLK350 03CLK500
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This car was deliverd on 12/01/04
1.defective door stereo speaker (Entertainment System)
2.defective dash trim at delivery
3.air intake hose misaligned and rubbed hole completely through padded hood liner
4.single CD player (MP3)intermittently "eats" CD then randomly ejects days later. 6 loader-ok
5.top compartment of center console (one with the teleaid buttons) locked itself and has stayed locked
6.intermittently functioning remote top operation

It's at the dealer today.

Might we not create a current problem log and keep it updated? NOT thinking of a thread to ventilate but rather problems/?solutions as it seems we can supply dealers with info of which they seemingly aren't cognisant.

Found this was true when my '03 CLK 500 was new in the fall of '02 and was experiencing "growing
pains".

·
Registered
'05 SLK 55
104 Posts
FIFTHBENZ - 1/31/2005 12:05 PM

4.single CD player (MP3)intermittently "eats" CD then randomly ejects days later. 6 loader-ok
I had that problem also, but only with MP3 CD's and DVD's. Had the same issue on the E-class I was driving before also. It seams that command is just very picky about the program the CD was burned with. I used some crap freeware and I would get it to work about 25% of the time. With Nero it works 100%.

·
Registered
slk350 on 9/29/04
114 Posts
Is the door speaker noise a staticky noise?? seems to happen every once and awhile only on the right side door speaker on mine. I wasn't sure if it was a me or a problem till now.

·
Registered
05SLK350 03CLK500
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also had problems attempting to play commercial CDs. The passenger door speaker sounded "blown".

·
Registered
SLK 350 , S 500 L, C 200
109 Posts
may be very useful to have this thread as a sticky post at the top of the list - to be added to with the view to devloping a more comprehensive database of problems

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Alsie - 2/1/2005 12:55 AM

may be very useful to have this thread as a sticky post at the top of the list - to be added to with the view to devloping a more comprehensive database of problems
Good luck! I have emailed Frank (the moderator) 3 days ago to create a new stickie for the picture thread and have had no response.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts