Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Mercedes-Benz 420 SEL(RIP),1997 Mercedes-Benz E420
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have the optional lumbar support seat otherwise known as "Multi-Contour". I've been looking EVERYWHERE to find information.

So far all I've learned is their an option to all, other than the E55, and that the PSP pump needs to be coded. This is so they can communicate, otherwise the pump wouldn't know its there.

I've attempted to repair this a while back but found that the air baffles disintegrated beyond repair. I've already rewired the tubing but still haven't found ANY air baffle out there.

Can someone please provide a part number if you have. Every forum I've researched doesn't explain where to purchase the air baffles.

Thank you! in advance.

p.s. Found these seats for sale on eBay. Not my taste but unbelievable price for all interior pieces.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MERCEDES-E-CLASS-W210-FACELIFT-00-02-COMPLETE-SEAT-SET-INTERIOR-/170853070640?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27c7a2f730#ht_1223wt_985

Attachments

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,712 Posts
In UK the cars rust before the seat gets wear out.
Might be worth asking them about shipping. It gets cheaper and cheaper. I bought several items from China and for 30 lb box the seller charged me $1 shipping. Don't know how they do it, but other China seller sold me shower hose for $2.99 with free shipping.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More information. I'm stopping by the local shop today to pick up my lower radiator hose. I'll ask them what they think of these seats.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if you find you need a control module, let me know. i just happen to have an unused one laying around new/cheap
Thanks Raymond, It's been a while since you've commented on one of my threads.

I saw your redone red/black seats. They look great!

·
W210 Moderator
99 E320
5,106 Posts
i actually thought i thanked you for posting such nice pics on your suspension thread
but not seeing my post. i guess when i'm trying to post from work, i tend to do so
quickly, utilizing most the Alt-Tab feature....you get my drift. good luck on
your latest project with the seats.

·
W210 Moderator
99 E320
5,106 Posts
<......>
I've attempted to repair this a while back but found that the air baffles disintegrated beyond repair. I've already rewired the tubing but still haven't found ANY air baffle out there.

Can someone please provide a part number if you have. Every forum I've researched doesn't explain where to purchase the air baffles.
<......>
you'll have to do your own searching through the parts diagrams but i found it
pretty easily. i'm not sharing because I'm not comfortable drawing any conclusions
about what your part number should be. will let you ID that for yourself.

after that, i simply performed a global search using google and found a
number of vendors who appear to be advertising that they offer the part(s)

parts diagrams are identifying it as "seat adapter" whereas the MB parts
list is calling them "seat bladder"

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
#370 and #70

Through all this time I can't believe I missed this parts diagram in the stickies. Btw, this will not work with Safari browsers so I used firefox on my Mac.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thank you! It's finally answered. I've found several places selling them mostly russia or european countries.

Heres the most credible one so far.
RIGHT SEAT. Fits: Mercedes | Mercedes-Benz of South Atlanta
I wonder if the "Seat Adapter" is referring to just the bracket that holds the plastic bladder in place or are they sold together...

Greatly appreciated guys.

·
Registered
1999 C43 AMG
7 Posts
I have been searching for so long trying to find these part numbers.. Thanks a bunch for all of the additional information posted here.
All of these managed to break and I am dying to fix it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts