Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I want to get new rims for my GF's silver 1990 300E. I've checked the ones in the thread with pictures and on sites like Tirerack/Discounttiredirect, but still haven't found any that I'd like.

I was thinking a bicycle-wheel style spoke. I'd like pretty good coverage to hide the rotors/pads, but the 100-spoke rims I've found were wayy too busy. Is there anything in the 36-50 spoke range? Do you have other suggestions that might look good? A polished al/chrome finish is what I'm looking for. Thanks.

·
Registered
SL320, 300e, 450SL
1,044 Posts
Arent these wheels for your Girlfriend or is it Grandfather. Tire rack has many applications for the w124 body. 50 spoke? Ive never seen daytons on a benz[:0]

·
Registered
Chevy Monte Carlo SS
189 Posts
I had "multi-spoke wheels om my 300E. I liked them because they gave my car more character. I could've went with AMG monoblocks, but EVERYONE does that! I like to be unique with my mods.

·
Registered
95 E320 Coupe, 11 E350 4Matic P2
1,082 Posts
I dont know man thats a nice car
but the rims have to go
I think 5 spoke AMG's look the best on a W124

but thing about it your are not just paying for the AMG they improve ride stabillity too unlike the other rims.

·
Registered
1990 W124 300TE-24 3.4 AMG, 1991 W126 300SEL
152 Posts
I think those wheels suit the colour of your car dude...

[xx(]

·
Registered
Chevy Monte Carlo SS
189 Posts
So I guess this is turning into a "BASH MIKE'S CAR" thread. The color of my car is the C230 Kompressor color. It is an MB color and that is why I chose it. I liked my car to be a little different, but not too radical. My goal was accomplished, and it doesn't matter if people do not like it, 95% of the comments on my car were positive. I did my car the way I wanted it. I do not like keeping my car original, for me, my car was a plain "canvas" waiting to be "painted". I spent more time and money into my W124 than anyone would on theirs.I respect everyone's opinions, and I am a very understanding individual, but if you want to bash my car, just start a new thread ( "100 reasons why I hate Mike's car").

BTW: I sold that car almost a year ago, and have moved on to my Monte Carlo SS. It has also been modded to my liking.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mike:

You got it. Build your car for you not for them. I would not choose the same wheels for my car, but I think they gave your car a destinctive "look" and the car appeared well done - with thought and class. (I put Fondmetal 6500 double five spoke wheels on my 300CE and I like them and I don't care if others don't - but I do get a lot of favorable remarks).

Cary

·
Registered
ML320E - 260E - 190D
230 Posts
Hi mike690003

Looks grate.
What is size of your reams and offset?
I am looking on AMG monoblocks.

Regards.

·
Registered
Chevy Monte Carlo SS
189 Posts
The rims are 18x8 with a 38 offset. The tires are 225/40/ZR18 Kumho brand.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts