Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 350
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am defining the spec for 55 AMG and don't know whether to stick with exclusive multi spoke 18" it comes with or go for the 5 spoke AMG wheels.

Appreciate advice by tomorrow as it is final day for me to change spec.

Cheers

I have attached pics of both from pics from this forum to help:

Attachments

·
Registered
SLK350/AMG PKG
184 Posts
I would have to go with the multi spoke wheel myself. My SLK350 came with the AMG 5 spokes and I immediately replaced them with some Monoblock VI's. Which are split 6 spoke, plus they are 18" instead of the 17" AMG's and an inch wider front and rear. I think yours may come with the 18" 5 spoke though, which was not available here. I guess it's just your own preference, both wheels look nice. The block 5 spoke style is seen on many cars making it a little more common, which I would stay away from, IMO.

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
I don't care for the flat AMG 5 spoke wheels in the upper photo. In fact they are my least favorite M/B wheel. I like the 5 spoke wheels that come on the U.S. Launch Edition and also those on many of the photos from Australia. If you have a choice, go with the multi-spoke wheels since they are unique to the SLK 55.

Mel

·
Registered
06 SLK 55 Firemist
1,580 Posts
What style you like best is of course a matter of personal preference (I like the AMG 5 spoke). However if you are obsessed with driving a clean car the 5 spoke are a better chose. German cars are notorious for brake dust covering the wheels. The 5 spoke can be wiped clean with a damp rag in just a coupe of minutes but cleaning the multi's would be a job.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Julien - 2/10/2005 1:26 PM
However if you are obsessed with driving a clean car the 5 spoke are a better chose. German cars are notorious for brake dust covering the wheels. The 5 spoke can be wiped clean with a damp rag in just a coupe of minutes but cleaning the multi's would be a job.
Truer words were never spoken.

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
It does take longer to clean the multispoke wheels. I washed my car last Sunday and it took me an extra 10 minutes to clean the wheels. Well worth the effort IMO.

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
Love my 10 spoke...worth the effort to clean...go with the multi-spoke...[:D][:D][:D]

·
Registered
2004 SL600 Renntech ECU/TCU Upgrade...many other mods
238 Posts
19 inch HRE 845 five spoke black centers for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts