Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have any of you deleted your stock mufflers and just straight pipped it from your secondary cats out to the tips?

if so could you post some videos on it

and also, have you noticed any mpg decrease? or hp decrease? or anything of that sort...

if everything checks out ima delete my mufflers this week along with my xpipe that i already have:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2008 mercedes c-350
89 Posts
muffler delete

I tried this and it sounded like junk like a toyota with a hole in the muffler. I had good luck with the x-pipe it sounds more like a healthy BMW M3.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey i just spent the last two days working on exhaust.. first i removed resonator and replaced it with two straight pipes leading to the muffler.. too quiet... not much diff.. then the next day i removed mufflers.. sounded loud shitty to much back pressure... crackled etc... next day i put my stock resonator on and no mufflers... put some nice magna flow oval tips and the car sounds amazing... no muffled crackling.. rice car sound.. its very deep and awesome.. i have heard alot of exhaust on you tube and mine is my fav.. i will post video some time... but just take my advice.. good luck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey i just spent the last two days working on exhaust.. first i removed resonator and replaced it with two straight pipes leading to the muffler.. too quiet... not much diff.. then the next day i removed mufflers.. sounded loud shitty to much back pressure... crackled etc... next day i put my stock resonator on and no mufflers... put some nice magna flow oval tips and the car sounds amazing... no muffled crackling.. rice car sound.. its very deep and awesome.. i have heard alot of exhaust on you tube and mine is my fav.. i will post video some time... but just take my advice.. good luck.
there is a big difference between straight piping instead of the resonator or putting an xpipe. xpipe def makes the sound much better, not ricey. but what my overall question is :have you noticed any mpg decrease? or hp decrease? or anything of that sort...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried this and it sounded like junk like a toyota with a hole in the muffler. I had good luck with the x-pipe it sounds more like a healthy BMW M3.
hmm not sure why your car sounded like a toyota lol but i have a friend who has an x-pipe with no mufflers and it sounds great but i want to know a little more about it

·
Registered
2008 mercedes c-350
89 Posts
muffler delete

It sounded like a 6 cylinder and not good like a rice burner.I really like the sound with an x-pipe wish it was a little louder if I can find a tubro muffler to open it up a little more.It sounded like jap crap with the straight pipes.If only we could find a solution to make it sound like a c-63 amg thats the most awesone sounding car on the road.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
x-pipe with no mufflers sounds pretty good man , you should check out
. this is a friend of mine whos also on the forum and it sounds pretty good

·
Registered
2008 mercedes c-350
89 Posts
muffler delete

Sounds good I may give it a shot with the x-pipe mufflers deleted I tried straight pipes before without x-pipe.If I can just get the sound I have now only a lot louder I'd be pumped.

·
Registered
MB C-300 Sport 2009 Manual Black XPIPE+Exhaust=Brilliance
341 Posts
x-pipe with no mufflers sounds pretty good man , you should check out YouTube - Mercedes Benz C300 X-PIPE+No Mufflers - Straight Pipe. this is a friend of mine whos also on the forum and it sounds pretty good

i just saw your text mike yeah if you want do what I did you can its reversible worse comes to worse ,not sure if you would loose mpg but you do loose torque since there is less back pressure however you do gain horse power. FYI to who is not aware that video is made by me that is my car and in my opinion it sounds great!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alright dog thanks, ima see wassup, might get performance mufflers? any of you know of some good ones that will sound good with my x pipe?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts