Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello....

Anyone have these installed? ordered? I will probably order them as I did the same for my car prior to this one.

This time around...I NEED to have them painted. Has anyone seen any that have been painted? Hear of any? Good, bad or indifferent?

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
using this name - 4/26/2005 11:05 PM

Hello....

Anyone have these installed? ordered? I will probably order them as I did the same for my car prior to this one.

This time around...I NEED to have them painted. Has anyone seen any that have been painted? Hear of any? Good, bad or indifferent?

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that ur ride wolly? Sweetness!

Thanks for showing.....they are like duplicates of what I had on my other car, they all look so similiar.

I'm hoping they can be painted.....my body work guy here is amazing and does mercedes paint codes like it's nobodies business....he did the lorinser wing on my car prior to this one in orion blue, was seamless and matched to a tee!

·
Registered
SLK350
258 Posts
Hello Wooly,

How much were the mud guards then?

After todays drive the car is covered in mud thrown up from the wheels so I may be interested.

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
Slk-Gill - 4/27/2005 9:19 PM

Hello Wooly,

How much were the mud guards then?

After todays drive the car is covered in mud thrown up from the wheels so I may be interested.
I actually skanked them off my local 'stealer' - paid cash for the 350 - no discount because of the waiting list, but I got 'mats and flaps' thrown in - wierd thing was, I picked mine up from Bremen(with a full tank of fuel), drove it back to the UK, took it in, got another tank of fuel(plus valet & PDI) and they fitted the flaps & mats at the time.

On a dark coloured car, the flaps are fairly innocuous, but stop a hell of a lot of Sh1t going on the front rocker pannels, and the rear fender.

·
Registered
SLK350
258 Posts
All I got off the dealer was the mats - never thought about the mud flaps as well.

I will ask on thursday when I am at the dealers.

Being a MB part it will be the usual extortionate amount.

Have a Tansanite blue so the dark flaps may be unobtrusive - are they actually black?

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
Kind of a dark charcoal grayish - very unobtrusive on andradite green, but could imagine they'd 'chalk out' after a year or so. - think retail price (fitted) is about 160 sheets.

·
Registered
SLK350
258 Posts
Thanks for that...

Looks like only me and you keeping the site ticking over tonight Mr. Woolly.

Either everyone else is out [8D] shy [:I] or we are not letting them get a word in edgeways [:(!]

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
Slk-Gill - 4/26/2005 2:38 PM
Either everyone else is out [8D] shy [:I] or we are not letting them get a word in edgeways [:(!]
or still at work and not able to sneak more forum time...[;)][B)]

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
Motzkoman - 4/27/2005 10:45 PM

Motzkoman - you must be on the graveyard shift[}:)][}:)] - what time is it in SF?

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Woolly - 4/26/2005 2:47 PM

Motzkoman - 4/27/2005 10:45 PM

Motzkoman - you must be on the graveyard shift[}:)][}:)] - what time is it in SF?
Right now it is 3:41 pm Pacific Coast daylight savings time[:D] Is that about 11:41 pm your time?

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
Woolly...as malibuite said..it is late afternoon here now...sorry for the lack of reply, but I was taking my 37 mile commute with top down in the California sun and Chris Rea Blue Street (5 guitars) cranked up on the stereo...makes me want to head back out...[:D][:D][:D]

·
Registered
slk 350
126 Posts
I have the flaps on my iridium slv and i think they look good after all the tires are black and the wheel wells are black,besides there not there to look pretty there for a purpose and they do it quite nicelygot them from the dealer.

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll be getting mine from the dealer as well....

although I'll admit, after having them on a orion blue coupe and having them be black evenwith the colour of the tires, I'd prefer to have them painted if I can.

Anyone ever paint them?

·
Registered
R171
215 Posts
I have a cubanite/pewter slk and bought a set of flaps some time ago. Have now fitted the fronts, which look fine, but the rears look huge so have backed out of fitting them. Interested in hearing about painting them but fear they could look even more obvious painted in silver. Glad the fronts are on because they do keep the car clean. But fitting the rears will mean that I will have to detach those 'ears' that they fitted to slks with larger wheels and tyres. This would cause problems if I then decided to remove the rears. Decisions...decisions..!

By the way, they only cost around 40 pounds sterling if I remember correctly

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
Just got back from a trip in mine today, several people commented, I'm driving an old 'Rust Bucket' - the clips holding the flaps to the body are totally rusted out - do I take it in and demand stainless clips...what do you think ? [:(]

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oh im with you wooly, I'd go wild!

They charge you for walking in their door, so their musflaps shouldnt make u feel like a rust bucket ANYTHING! hahahah

Yeah, I'd go back pronto....and have them deal with it. the flaps i had on my c230 kompressor never rusted, they were installed at the dealer and I didn't run into any issues.

Do let us know what happens....thanks for saying so....

·
Registered
ML500, SLK55 AMG
258 Posts
I have lots of tar and other difficult to remove stuff around the wheels on my truck, and have been thinking about mudflaps for my SLK. Has anyone put them on a 55? Do the additional side skirts interfere with this? Can anyone post a couple of better pics with the mudflaps more visible, or at least direct me to a link with them?

Thanks!

·
Registered
SLK 350
60 Posts
I have the AMG body kit and tried to get mud flaps all around (it rains a lot here in North Yorkshire). After two-and-a-half hours of effort the dealer was only able to fit the rear flaps. According to the dealer, AMG does not make flaps for the SLK 350 with the AMG body kit. So, I only have them on the rear. I hope this picture will be of some help.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts