Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
1998 ML320
Discussion Starter #1
Or whatever you want to call them. Right now I have two pairs of the rear MB flaps that are molded to fit around the body work at the bottom of the wheel wells (pre-facelift). I also have one left hand (US driver side) factory front flap/guard. The fronts seem to be rather hard to find, it looks like a lot of original owners only installed the rear pair.

Does anyone have an extra right hand front flap/guard laying around, maybe from a car where the left flap was lost or damaged? The ones I have are well-used, so perfect cosmetic condition is not important.

W163 and General M Gremlin
I believe these flaps will only work on MLs w/o the wheels flares.

Registered
1998 ML320
Discussion Starter #3
I don鈥檛 have the flares, though I would kind of like to. If it comes down to mud flaps or flares, I鈥檒l take the flaps.

I don鈥檛 have the flares, though I would kind of like to. If it comes down to mud flaps or flares, I鈥檒l take the flaps.
You can always purchase the generic mud flaps (larger ones on amazon), for those with flares.
cheap, look and work great. :)

splash guards.png

Registered
1999 ML430; 1998 S420
Bad timing. I threw out a pair of front mud flaps last month. They are pretty hard to install and I don't personally think they add much in terms of looks. I have two of the attachment pieces, but I think there is other hardware needed as well. You can have them if you like. If you need them let me know and I can list them on eBay for like twenty cents.

Registered
W163 2000 ML320
You can always purchase the generic mud flaps (larger ones on amazon), for those with flares.
cheap, look and work great. :)

View attachment 2612115

@khomer2 Agree they look good! I just got the same ones from amazon and could only find one existing screw (recessed in a groove) in the plastic fenders for each wheel on my 2000 ML320. To mount these, did you end up using that one existing screw for the top and having to drill additional holes in the bottom of the fender? Any instruction or information you can provide would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

@khomer2 Agree they look good! I just got the same ones from amazon and could only find one existing screw (recessed in a groove) in the plastic fenders for each wheel on my 2000 ML320. To mount these, did you end up using that one existing screw for the top and having to drill additional holes in the bottom of the fender? Any instruction or information you can provide would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Welcome to BW RI6888,
Good to have you as a new w163 BW member,
To realize the full benefit of this forum, please complete your user CP profile

====>
click on your icon----> click on Account Settings---->
goto Account Details----> add vehicle details---->
ADD your make model YEAR ----> click save.

I did not use the existing screws on the fender lip. In my situation, I have the wheel flares, so all I did was position them accordingly, mark their location and tap 3 holes along the mud guard evenly spaced and drill straight thru into the inner lip of the fender edge. I used 1" long pan head philips self-tapping screws - #8 or 10 is fine. I used green as they are rust resistant. And then add a dab of black silicon onto the head.

Reactions: Rl6888

Registered
1998 ML320
Discussion Starter #8
Bad timing. I threw out a pair of front mud flaps last month. They are pretty hard to install and I don't personally think they add much in terms of looks. I have two of the attachment pieces, but I think there is other hardware needed as well. You can have them if you like. If you need them let me know and I can list them on eBay for like twenty cents. View attachment 2612122
Somehow I completely missed this post...a year ago. Oy. In the meantime I鈥檝e ended up with a second front left flap, still no front right flap, and no hardware for the front flaps. I鈥檝e also added a pair of rear non-sport flares and the broken remains of the front flares from that truck to my misfit pile of body accessories.

Premium Member
1999 ML430 and 2003 ML55
Morning Sam....you must be living right !!

While cleaning out my garage Saturday, I ran across a set of the W163 FRONT mudflaps. They were in a box of stuff I had found at a PAP a few years back. I have a terminal case of CRS...can't remember shit...!
They are in excellent condition. The left has a small puncture in the lower section, but it is not really noticeable. No sign of the clips needed to mount.
When messing with my rear mudflaps, i have found you have to get creative when it comes to mounting. A drill is usually involved !

Let me know if you are still interested in them. I could mail this coming week. How about $50.00 for the pair plus $10.00 for shipping......

Registered
2002 ml55
front mudflaps can be fitted with minor modification to cars with fender flares.

Registered
1998 ML320
Discussion Starter #11
Morning Sam....you must be living right !!

While cleaning out my garage Saturday, I ran across a set of the W163 FRONT mudflaps. They were in a box of stuff I had found at a PAP a few years back. I have a terminal case of CRS...can't remember shit...!
They are in excellent condition. The left has a small puncture in the lower section, but it is not really noticeable. No sign of the clips needed to mount.
When messing with my rear mudflaps, i have found you have to get creative when it comes to mounting. A drill is usually involved !

Let me know if you are still interested in them. I could mail this coming week. How about $50.00 for the pair plus $10.00 for shipping......
Done. Sending you a PM.

Premium Member
1999 ML430 and 2003 ML55
Sam, front mud flaps are on the way via UPS..tracking number 1ZE6A6750360677057..postage was $14.74.

You should receive Thursday or Friday. Let me know when you receive them........

Premium Member
1999 ML430 and 2003 ML55
Sam, I'm showing the two mudflaps delivered today about 2:00 this afternoon. Just wanted to make sure you got them.
Were you able to use Zelle for the purchase or did you just want to write a check or money order ? Hope they are going to work well for your ML. Make sure to take a few photos and post when completed.....Thanks...Ben

Registered
1998 ML320
Discussion Starter #15
Sam, I'm showing the two mudflaps delivered today about 2:00 this afternoon. Just wanted to make sure you got them.
Were you able to use Zelle for the purchase or did you just want to write a check or money order ? Hope they are going to work well for your ML. Make sure to take a few photos and post when completed.....Thanks...Ben
I just sent you a PM. A check is in the mail. Thank you!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts