Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2008 slk 350, 2009 ML 320 Bluetec Arctic White / Premium 2, Ferrari F355 Spider (sold)
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered the kit on ebay but did not indicate color temp/ I want them to look like the Audi / stock MB xenon headlights with very bright light with just a hint of blue... Do i get the 4500 or 6000? Also will be doing the LED daytime runnign lights in bright white. I do not want anything like the crappy stock halogen color...

what do you guys think?

thx

·
Registered
2002 ML55 AMG, 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Limited, 1999 C280
4,714 Posts
4500K is as close to stock as you can get.

6000K would have a blueish tinge to it.

The Ebay seller usually specifies the default colour Kelvin they will dispatch if you do not specify - Why not look again at the Ebay link where you bought the bulbs to determine what is the default colour Kelvin?

ps.

Personally I do like a bit of BLUE in my lights - Over the years though, I have come to realise that it's not the BLUE tinge that I like; but the changing light spectrum from the projectors as the vehicle bobs up and down on road undulations. I believe this is called the cereal box effect and there was a post on here about doing a modification to the projector lense to achieve this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts