Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the standard Service A / B details? Does each dealership offer a different warranty if you buy a car from them? I thought that everything was included even the tire rotation and alignment, but today i was informed that it is not. How about the standard Mercedes Benz Rental...its great how i'm driving a fooking two door Daewoo small piece of crap. I have a 2002 W203, but of course this Daewoo is the sh*t. I'm very so dissatified with MB to date! I thought that BMW servicing was bad!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Must be your dealer: Our 'A' and 'B' are covered; and, a MB loaner vehicle is provided so long as you can show proof of insurance.<br>
<br>
Brake pads are not covered. Tires are not covered but I do not know about rotations; however, if we have to pay, I'll spring for a rotation as the tire pressures are different between front and back.<br>
<br>
All tire mfgs generally would recommend that for cars (not trucks) the fronts be moved to the back without crossing, and vice versa.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found out with my dealer that tire rotation is only covered with every other oil change. I wrongly assumed it was done with every and after hearing some tire noise I brought it in to have them inspected and found they were not rotated. Oh well, had it done then (sprung for the $). Also I have always received an MB loaner. Our dealer uses ML320's. Once, however, my husband had to get a Taurus as a loaner. Apparently, the new ML's were coming in and the old ones were gone.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HERE ARE THE SPCIFICS ON THE A/B FLEXIBLE SERVICES:<br> YOUR A SERVICE SHOULD INCLUDE:<br> -CHANGE VEHICLES ENIGINE OIL AND FILTER<br> -REPLACE THE DUST FILTER IN ALL SLK,CLK,C-CLASS AND E-CLASS MODLES<br> -ENSURE THE WARNING AND INDICATOR LAMPS,HORN,WINDSHIELD/HEADLAMP WIPER AND WASHER SYSTEMS, AND SEAT BELTS ARE FUNCTIONING CORRECTLY<br> -INSPECT ITRES AND CHECK TIRE PRESSURE (INCLUDING SPARE)<br> -INSPECT BRAKE PAD THICKNESS AND DISC CONDITION<br> -CHECK AND CORRECT ALL FLUID LEVELS<br> -RESET YOU VEHICLES FSS COUNTER<br> YOUR B SERVICE INCLUDES ALL THE ABOVE AND THE FOLLING:<br> -REPLACE WINDSHIELD WIPER INSERTS<br> -INSPECT AND ROTATE TIRES<br> -LUBRICATE AND INSPECT THROTTLE LINKAGE<br> -ENSURE PARKING BRAKE,STEERING PLAY, HEADLAMPS AND EXT. LAMPS,WARNING AND INDICATOR LAMPS, HORN WINDSHIELD/HEADLAMP WIPER AND WASHER SYSTEMS, SEAT BELTS,ARE FUNCTIONING CORRECTLY.<br> -INSPECT FRONT AXLE BALL JOINTS AND POLY-V-BELT<br> THE REASON FOR THE LOANER CARS ARE CHEAP IS DUE TO INSURANCE/LIABILITY FOR LOANING OUT ACTUAL MERCEDES-BENZ.<br> NO DEALERSHIP SHOULD OFFER YOU ANY DIFFERENT KIND OF WARRANTY, IT IS FOUR YEARS OR 50K WHICHEVER IS FIRST, UNLESS YOU PURCHASE A STARMARK VEHICLE,(USED CAR)<br> ALIGNMENTS ARE FOR ONE YEAR OR 12K WHICHEVER IS FIRST.<br> NOT EVERYTHING IS INCLUDED IN THE SERVICES, BRAKE PADS, TIRES, WIPER INSERTS (AFTER THE FIRST YEAR OR 12K) ALL WEAR AND TEAR ITMES ARE NOT COVERED UNDER ANY WARRANTY. TIRES WILL ALWAYS BE UNDER THE ORIGINAL MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY, NOT MERCEDES BENZ!<br> CANADIAN VEHICLES HAVE THE SAME WARRANTY AS U.S. VEHICLES, HOWEVER, 2000 AND NEWER VEHICLES DO NOT HAVE THE FLEXIBLE SERVICES PAID FOR!-ANY OTHER QUESTIONS, LET ME KNOW, I WORK FOR A DEALER!<br>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts