Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's my sister's 99 ML320 and check engine light came on. I'm trying to help her save money, tough economy. I brought to a dealer and they said it needs MS sensor ($725). Does anyone know what that is and where it goes in the engine?

Mary Christmas,

Don

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
It's my sister's 99 ML320 and check engine light came on. I'm trying to help her save money, tough economy. I brought to a dealer and they said it needs MS sensor ($725). Does anyone know what that is and where it goes in the engine?

Mary Christmas,

Don
Hi, Don, welcome to the forum. Please take a moment to click the user cp link and complete the user profile for vehicle and location as that is often useful information.

If you are in the states, please drive the SUV to an autozone and have them read the codes, then post them and we can help with the diagnosis. There is no such thing as an "MS" Sensor, I'm guessing they actually said something like "MAS" or "AMS" sensor, but guessing could be wrong and simply cost you money. If they charged for the diagnosis you should have a printout that details their findings.

If it is the MAS sensor it can be purchased for under $180 with shipping in the states and will take you perhaps five minutes to change and I can point you to a pictorial DIY that will help you locate and replace it. If it isn't the MAS sensor then we'll see what other help we can provide.

Post back and let us know, and Merry Christmas to you, too.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
Just to add to what Greg said above.

If the codes read P0174 then it's definitely your Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts