Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
CLK 430 AMG
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading my owners manual, and i notice the speedo is set for 160mph. The manual said it's limited to 130, but my question is "have any one ever pushed there benz passed 130mph?? I thought it was limited to around 155mph. did we get cheated???? Q

·
Registered
1998 CLK200
19 Posts
don`t know about the limitation issue but i was going with 135 MPH ( 220 KPH ) and i would`ve gone faster but the car couldn`t [:)] ; i own a small engine CLK ( CLK200 ).

·
Registered
2002 430clk;2005 Yamaha YZF R1;08 Range Rover Sport
1,290 Posts
I have heard some say they hit 130 and the car stops accelerating so they hit like 140, I have heard also the limiter doesnt always work but no one posted a top speed. I think an unlimited 430clk can hit about 150-165 before its drag limited. I heard there are computer chips from Mercedes tuners Carlsson, Brabus, and Kleemann to eliminate the limiter

·
Registered
CLK 430 AMG
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I HAD TO TEST THIS ISSUE OUT YESTERDAY, THIS GT (I THINK IT WAS A 99) BLOW PAST ME I WAS GOING ABOUT 80, HE THOUGHT HE COULD TAKE ME BUT I DROP HER AZZ IN 2, MAN THAT TOURQE KICK IN AND THE LAST I NOTICE WAS MY TEETH WERE HURTING!!! GOT HER AZZ UP TO ABOUT 125 THAT'S THE FASTEST I'VE EVER BEEN, NEVER AGAIN, NO 3 HOTS AND A COT FOR ME!!! JAIL BABY. Q

·
Registered
CL
297 Posts
Formoque - 3/27/2005 2:17 PM

I HAD TO TEST THIS ISSUE OUT YESTERDAY, THIS GT (I THINK IT WAS A 99) BLOW PAST ME I WAS GOING ABOUT 80, HE THOUGHT HE COULD TAKE ME BUT I DROP HER AZZ IN 2, MAN THAT TOURQE KICK IN AND THE LAST I NOTICE WAS MY TEETH WERE HURTING!!! GOT HER AZZ UP TO ABOUT 125 THAT'S THE FASTEST I'VE EVER BEEN, NEVER AGAIN, NO 3 HOTS AND A COT FOR ME!!! JAIL BABY. Q
next time try it without the caps...

·
Registered
CL
297 Posts
Formoque - 3/27/2005 9:33 PM

I was making a statement for some people whom may have doubts.. friend!!!!
chill friend, theres other ways of making a statement besides typing a whole paragraph in caps. i think others will agree that reading a whole paragraph in caps is hard on the eyes. relax and dont take it to the heart..friend!!!!

·
Registered
05 E55
419 Posts
I've had her up to about 135-138ish a few times and the limiter kicks in. She get's up there quickly, but it's kinda scary when you hit the limiter because the car shudders and drops 10mph down. At that speed, you don't want your car shuddering and decelerating without warning!

And yes, chips will kill the limiter and let you go up to 155-165ish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts