Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I actually went down to 28mpg, but I have been diesel clouding lots of people (that's my road rage haha). So that could be why. I am driving nice and easy now so we'll see what she does. I dumped a bunch of Diesel Kleen in this time too to boost the cetane.

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I always have my oil/filter changed by a mechanic. I usually ask him for adjustments if engine idles rough or has little power. It ALWAYS helps and he does it as part of the maintenance. Believe me, it's worth $40 I pay.

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm well I'll see. If merc can do it while I wait I will do that from now on. I am tired of doing the night drop and having to go get it on my lunch hour and have someone come with me to drive the other car.

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My MPG is back to normal now...!

I figured out why our mpg went up now... DUH! They went back to Diesel 2. It's got higher energy content therefore giving more power and better mileage. I thought the car felt more agile and I still have 3/4 of a tank left and have gone 160 miles already, all city, mostly lead foot style driving as well. VERY happy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.