Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 E320 wagon
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if MB is making plans (or already has) to accomodate mp3 players like the ipod?
Jack

·
Registered
C240
2 Posts
does anyone know if MB is making plans (or already has) to accomodate mp3 players like the ipod?
Jack

Well, judging by the lack of response, I have a hunch the answer is no. Although, someone in a different post mentioned the Command system having an AUX input? If that's true, I'll buy it tomorrow! :)

I was spoiled on my previous car... I had a Sony CD changer with the "command" cable SEPARATE from the line-level plugs. I unplugged the changer audio connectors, and plugged in my MP3 player instead. The deck had no idea that the CD's it was spinning weren't playing at all.

In any event, anxious to hear of anyone who has overcome the limitations of MB stock audio. (It's a great system, but I want my MP3!)

Anyone?

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
COMAND system has an AUX input. It is true. My iPod plugs into it in my cars. For long ...

COMAND system has an AUX input. It is true. My iPod plugs into it in my cars. For long trips sometimes I plug in a portable DVD player with MP3 capability.

Get out your wallet.

-s-

·
Registered
C240
2 Posts
Re: COMAND system has an AUX input. It is true. My iPod plugs into it in my cars. For long

COMAND system has an AUX input. It is true. My iPod plugs into it in my cars. For long trips sometimes I plug in a portable DVD player with MP3 capability.

Get out your wallet.

-s-
Hehe... My wallet has already taken a beating with the car. What's another... $1k? $2k? $3k? Weird how dollar amounts you wrestle with long and hard otherwise become a blur when buying a car or a house.

ANYWAY... Okay... I don't even know what a command system is exactly... Is this a GPS navigation thing? If so, that might be worth investigating...

Someone mentioned the quality of the Aux input wasn't very good...?

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
Re: Re: COMAND system has an AUX input. It is true. My iPod plugs into it in my cars. For l

Hehe... My wallet has already taken a beating with the car. What's another... $1k? $2k? $3k? Weird how dollar amounts you wrestle with long and hard otherwise become a blur when buying a car or a house.

ANYWAY... Okay... I don't even know what a command system is exactly... Is this a GPS navigation thing? If so, that might be worth investigating...

Someone mentioned the quality of the Aux input wasn't very good...?
COMAND In a W203... $1350 (includes AUX input)

Yes, it has GPS navigation, one CD drive, AM/FM/MW. Also includes interface to integrate telephone and TV tuner.

Do you have this in writing that someone has claimed the quality of the AUX input isn't very good? I don't want to spend my time refuting an unsubstantiated claim!

-s-

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
When Steve installe my COMAND, we hooked up a portable Marantz cassette deck to the AUX ...

When Steve installe my COMAND, we hooked up a portable Marantz cassette deck to the AUX input. It sounded good to me.

·
Registered
S500, S430, ML55
3 Posts
Ipod to S and ML series (year 2000)

That's GREAT to hear you can hook your iPOD to the MB. Where can I find the Aux port, and how do I activate it? Thanks for your help[:D]

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
Re: Ipod to S and ML series (year 2000)

That's GREAT to hear you can hook your iPOD to the MB. Where can I find the Aux port, and how do I activate it? Thanks for your help[:D]
What kind of cars are you referring to? 2000 ML? and 2000 S-class?

The ML does not have AUX input. I am not sure if an AUX input is present on COMAND 2.5 in the S-class, because it has cassette already. Anyone care to comment?

-s-

·
Registered
S500, S430, ML55
3 Posts
year 2000 S and ML

I have two year 2000 S Series and one year 2000 ML. All three have cassettes, and currently I use the cassette with an adapter for the iPOD. I can't tell what version of COMAND I have in the S's, and its a BOSE system in the ML

Thanks for your help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts