Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2011 C300 4Matic Sport
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have the Comand Media Interface and play my MP3 tunes on a memory stick through it. Works very well. Some of the songs show Song Title, Artist and Album on the Comand screen, while others only show the Filename of the song. Looking at the Properties (Details) in Windows shows the same amount of meta data for all these songs... Title, Artist, Album etc. I used a MP3 tag editor to investigate further and found some of my MP3 songs have ID3v1, ID3v2.3 and APEv2 tags while the rest of my songs have only the ID3 tags (no APE). Is this the difference in whether Comand shows the info correctly on its screen? Those with APE tags show Song Title, Artist and Album and those with just ID3 tags only show the Filename?

Ok... I took a good look at my MP3's on the memory stick and it looks like the types of MP3 tag have nothing to do with the displayed info. Some have all the tags... ID3 and APE with some of these displaying Title, Artist and Album and some of them do not. Also, some of the MP3's have only ID3 tags with some of these displaying Title, Artist and Album and some of them that do not (only show Filename). So... the type of MP3 tags seem to have nothing to do with what is displayed.

Any ideas???

1 - 1 of 1 Posts