Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

41 - 60 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I asked my dealer last week when in for routine maint about the Command MP3 mod, he knew nothing about it. HMMM..

Pete

·
BenzWorld Elitist
11,490 Posts
PeterV - 2/2/2006 12:03 PM

I asked my dealer last week when in for routine maint about the Command MP3 mod, he knew nothing about it. HMMM..
Pete
Does anyone know why track titles won't display for MP3 *OR* CD Audio? My dealer says they're not supposed to, contrary to what I read in this thread. I gave up on CD Audio, but I'm trying to get MP3 CDs to display.

System plays the MP3s fine, but displays only track numbers. This is so primitive! Help!

And yes, the track titles (and folders etc) are all properly embedded with the MP3 data, they show fine when I play them on my laptop for instance. TIA.

·
BenzWorld Elitist
11,490 Posts
Sorry, forgot to specify, I'm talking about COMAND in 2005 CLK320 and 2006 E350. Both have NAV and Changer. Thanks.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
10,864 Posts
You don't say what CD burner software you use; I usually edit with Jam and burn with Toast. If I am burning .mp3s kept in my iTunes library, I have to manually enter the song titles to get them to display. They will show on the COMAND screen, but I get only track number on the instrument cluster MFD.

·
BenzWorld Elitist
11,490 Posts
Well you'll probably howl, but I'm just using Roxio to write data to CDs.

Interestingly, I notice that the player in the car is playing the MP3 tracks in alphabetical order (per track title) within each folder. Even though it has not acknowledged track titles in any way, and still displays just track numbers.

·
BenzWorld Elitist
11,490 Posts
OH wow so Toast is a Roxio product?!

Unfortunately I'm not on a Mac.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I use Nero for my CDs and MP3s. On our '05 E320, I see tracks and titles on CDs and MP3s. Not on my '03 ML500. Burn with the same Nero Burning software.

Pete

·
BenzWorld Elitist
11,490 Posts
PeterV - 2/19/2006 9:36 AM

I use Nero for my CDs and MP3s. On our '05 E320, I see tracks and titles on CDs and MP3s. Not on my '03 ML500. Burn with the same Nero Burning software.

Pete
If I could be sure of getting the same results, I'd buy Nero right now...

·
Registered
84 Posts
If I could be sure of getting the same results, I'd buy Nero right now...[/QUOTE]

My copy came free with a new CD/RW. Very happy with the program. I've burned/copied several of my CDs with this prog and the song titles come up on the '05 320 but not on my '03 ML500. Plus the E320 sounds like it has a sub in the dash, great bass while the ML's has none. What a difference 2 years make!

Pete

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
Marsden - 2/19/2006 7:06 PM

PeterV - 2/19/2006 9:36 AM

Pete
If I could be sure of getting the same results, I'd buy Nero right now...
We have Nero. Awesome software. It works.

·
BenzWorld Elitist
11,490 Posts
Hey guys, thanks to everyone for your help & advice.

Turns out all I had to do was choose the "Data CD" instead of the "Direct CD" option on Roxio and now ALL MP3 Track & Artist titles display correctly on both the COMAND and MFD screens! Yes! (This is probably analagous to gmabli's instruction #4; also I took his advice and wrote the data at only 8x for now.)

"Normal" sequence is still alphanumeric so henceforth I will include the track number in '01..' format as the first part of each track title. Thanks again [:)]

Next I'll try to get the same results with a standard CD, although I doubt I'll be listening to CDs much with this most excellent MP3 capability [8D]

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
Marsden - 2/19/2006 9:17 PM

Turns out all I had to do was choose the "Data CD" instead of the "Direct CD" option on Roxio and now ALL MP3 Track & Artist titles display correctly on both the COMAND and MFD screens! Yes! (This is probably analagous to gmabli's instruction #4; also I took his advice and wrote the data at only 8x for now.)

"Normal" sequence is still alphanumeric so henceforth I will include the track number in '01..' format as the first part of each track title. Thanks again [:)]

Next I'll try to get the same results with a standard CD, although I doubt I'll be listening to CDs much with this most excellent MP3 capability [8D]
You have Roxio? Which model kind do you have? We had it and it was a pain in the butt to use.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Marsden - 2/19/2006 9:17 PM

Marsden,
Glad I could be of some help.
gmabli

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mad TKD - 2/20/2006 8:49 AM

peterV my car is a 2004 E55 with command
Thanks Mad TDK! That explains it. I have the MCS with Nav/DVD and the Alpine 6 CD Changer. No MP3s! Use a DigiCasette W/256Meg for MP3s in my Casette deck. My DVD does not read MP3s.

Pete

41 - 60 of 211 Posts