Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

201 - 211 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
On my S600 Bose 2005, I started picking up errors on the newer MP3's. Removed ID tags etc. Eventually I found that resampling to 128K gave the most reliable results, but even then a long mix would start skipping, pausing and generally having a nervous breakdown anything from 15-20 minutes into the mix. I found that burning an ISO 9660 + Joliet disk was most reliable, but in the end I got tired of the whole pain of trying to get newer mp3's to play reliably, so I installed a Dension Gateway 500 and have never looked back.

It plays directly from my USB stick - plays ANY Mp3, I don't have to bother with removing or changing anything, plays any bitrate, any mix, and it's instant on, I don't have to wait 3 minutes for the disk to load.

·
Registered
171 Posts
On my S600 Bose 2005, I started picking up errors on the newer MP3's. Removed ID tags etc. Eventually I found that resampling to 128K gave the most reliable results, but even then a long mix would start skipping, pausing and generally having a nervous breakdown anything from 15-20 minutes into the mix. I found that burning an ISO 9660 + Joliet disk was most reliable, but in the end I got tired of the whole pain of trying to get newer mp3's to play reliably, so I installed a Dension Gateway 500 and have never looked back.

It plays directly from my USB stick - plays ANY Mp3, I don't have to bother with removing or changing anything, plays any bitrate, any mix, and it's instant on, I don't have to wait 3 minutes for the disk to load.
About to install 500s BT myself. How about M4A (iTunes) can it handle that, or do I have to re-encode my music collection?
I guess ID3 is OK.

How about max USB size? 64/128 OK?

I have a lot of 120GB SSD drives, considering popping one of these in a USB-case, but then there's also the super tiny "Sandisk USB 3.0 128GB" drive which is tempting.

Converting to Mp3 in iTunes isn't a big issue, but it mainly sucks because it duplicates the entries in the iTunes library...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello i have a few questions about burning my DVD disc with MP3 files. I have Mercedes W164 ML 350 with USA edition command (MCS II Alpine). I've make a regular CD-r disc with Mp3 (around 140 songs) written as data disc and my comand it read it superb. Now i want to burn a bigger disk 4.7Gb DVD+R. Does my command will read it? I will burn it at 8x speed with Nero, but is it necessary to arrange the songs in folders? Or i just can put 999 songs directly in the dvd without making folders. I just don't need them (unless it's a requirable). And when the disc is completed where to put it in? In DVD navigation or CD audio nest ? I don't have CD changer in Glove compartment and i can't use navigation because my car is in Europe, and MCS II doesn't work here.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
10,864 Posts
This lengthy thread covers just about every aspect of burning DVDs; but rather than searching all of the information for you, I'm going to leave that pleasure to you. Try searching the thread using "files' "folders" and songs.

Your owner's manual should tell you which reader is capable of handling DVDs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I read all 21 pages of this thread and thought I had this figured out.

I have a 2008 SL550 USA version.

I have 2 CD's that I burned 13 years ago for use on my Harley CD changer. They worked great on the Harley and they work great in the CD changer on the Benz. BUT they do not work in the in dash CD player.

I have 2 CD's that I burned yesterday using the techniques in this thread. I used ITunes, slow bit rate, MP3 with no art work. Those Cd's work great in the dash CD player, folders and all. BUT they do not work in the CD changer, the changer does not even recognize them being there.

What I really would like to be able to do is have an AUX input or USB input added to the Benz and just forget about all this CD stuff.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I read all 21 pages of this thread and thought I had this figured out.

I have a 2008 SL550 USA version.

I have 2 CD's that I burned 13 years ago for use on my Harley CD changer. They worked great on the Harley and they work great in the CD changer on the Benz. BUT they do not work in the in dash CD player.

I have 2 CD's that I burned yesterday using the techniques in this thread. I used ITunes, slow bit rate, MP3 with no art work. Those Cd's work great in the dash CD player, folders and all. BUT they do not work in the CD changer, the changer does not even recognize them being there.

What I really would like to be able to do is have an AUX input or USB input added to the Benz and just forget about all this CD stuff.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
If you want to make a disc to play MP3 musician a Benz player, you need use a DVD and burn as a data disk in ITUNES. If you use a CD, you will need to burn as a normal audio disk, not MP3. I have done this numerous times and have MP3 data disks with hours of music on them that work real well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you want to burn music to play in a Benz player, you need to use a DVD and burn your MP3 stuff as data using an ITUNES playlist. If you want to use a CD, you can only make the CD burn using normal audio, not MP3.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you want to burn music to play in a Benz player, you need to use a DVD and burn your MP3 stuff as data using an ITUNES playlist. If you want to use a CD, you can only make the CD burn using normal audio, not MP3.
I should clarify that all 4 of the disks I am using are CD-R and all 4 are burned with MP3 music files.
The two older MP3 work in the Changer but not the dash.

The two newer MP3 work in the dash but not the Changer.

I have compared the discs as best I know how and everything about them appears to be the same. All were burned using ITunes. Granted ITunes version 13 years ago versus ITunes versions today.

201 - 211 of 211 Posts