Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be moving to Spain in January and would like to continue having MB in my lifestyle, however the cost of buying a Mercedes in Europe is way more than buying one stateside. With the exchange rate from usd to euro I lose because of the exchange rate, if I buy here I will get taxed in Europe for the value they believe the value of the car is worth. Any suggestions on how to stay in the MB family without having to pay an arm and a leg and a neck in Europe for a S550. Appreciate the comments

·
Registered
35,652 Posts
Did you check how Spanish drive V8 cars?
Gasoline is very expensive in this country, so Spanish tend to buy diesels, or convert gasers to propane.
Taxation is another story and almost each European country have registration fees based on engine size and that is why they seldom buy bigger engines than 1.8l.
But, if you move there only for short period - check MBUSA "European delivery program".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Kajtek1
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing