Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my Timeport replaced with the V60. Does anyone else who has used both phones think that the Timeport was actually better (handsfree). People say they have a hard time hearing me when I use the handsfree now, and the stereo doesn't pause to tell me when there is a message.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
How did you get it replaced and how much did it cost? I just got a 2002 c320, and I HATE the Timeport phone that came with it. I can't fathom being forced to carry the thing through the life of my lease.<br>
<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found a guy to give me the V60 and all the parts needed for the upgrade (p.s.e., cradle, etc.) and install it for $700 and my timeport. The timeport sucks. I found out Mercedes knows of the handsfree problem with th V60 (duplex problem) and are working to fix it. I think MB wants about $1500-$2000 for the upgrade, but I do know cost on everything you need is about $800.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, that's the first I am hearing of someone actually getting the phone and installation for LESS than what MB demands from the dealership.<br>
<br>
Could you please share that information on who provided you the phone and installation?? I would really appreciate it.<br>
<br>
I have been looking for an upgrade for my 2000 S-500 Motorola Analog phone.<br>
<br>
Thanks in advance!<br>
<br>
-CR

1 - 4 of 4 Posts