Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2008 GL 320 CDI, 1999 ML 430, 2001 Porsche C4
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or called the IHF 1000. Has anyone heard about this. I heard that it will be a high performance hands free car kit, voice recognition, and a lot of extra stuff. This will be an alternative to having a mercedes car kit installed which for my ML 430 1999 model will be to much money. It is scheduled to go on sale in North America on the 1st quarter of 2005.Hopefully the price will not restrictive.

·
Registered
ML 320
361 Posts
From what I have read, the HF1000 will not offer any significant new features. The current Motorola Bluetooth Car Kit manual says that it supports both independent (natural) voice recognition and dependent (pre-recorded voice tags) voice recognition, depending on the telephone that is being used. So the HF 1000 looks like a repackage of what is currently available.

The Nokia Bluetooth Car Kit appears to be dramatically better than all of the others. The significant technical feature that the Nokia kit has, that the others don't, is a "SIM" profile. Currently, only several Nokia telephones have this profile, but when your telephone and car kit both have the feature, then the car kit simply reads all of the data off of the telephone's SIM card. This allows the car kit to act like a fully functional in-car telephone, complete with external antenna, signal boost, handsfree, lcd display of address book, etc...

The other advantage of the Nokia is that the car kit and telephones are currently avialable. Motorola seems to have perfected the notion of marketing products that either don't work as advertised or come to market about 6 months latter than advertised.

In short, don't hold your breath.

·
Registered
2001 ML320
1,126 Posts
SIM bluetooth profile

But what does this buy you in an ML? You can't put the info on the MCS :-(

Does the Nokia bluetooth kit have a display? If it's the CK-1W, it doesn't. Now, if it were something like the parrot displays...

·
Registered
MBs
2,656 Posts
RE: SIM bluetooth profile

ken, the Nokia 616 car kit does have a display. Has anyone installed one yet? How is it working out?

http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,65324,00.html

·
Registered
98 ML 320
40 Posts
I actually have it in my ML, It was actually easy for me to install. I got mine when i was overseas when on vacation, but i believe i seen some people on ebay that are selling it. The performance is great, very easy to use. I recommend it.

·
Registered
ML 320
2 Posts
Hey Sage3, or anyone who might know,I have ML 320 2001, did you need professional help in installing Nokia 616 in your ML? Do you guys know if it can be integrated into the mobile phone-ready (hands free) system of the ML. Does ir have its own antenna? How about the keypad does it integrate with that of ML or has its own keypad? THANKS....

·
Registered
'04 Porsche 911 GT3
31 Posts
Hi Guys

Just bought an '01 ML55, and it seems to be fully wired for a phone. How do I find out what phone can be used in the holder?

Any chance (not likely) my T-Mobile GSM service will be compatible?

·
Registered
98 ML 320
40 Posts
attyrdv - I used to be a installer, so i do all my installs myself but for this kits it was really quite easy to do. As for your nokia you might need to ask motorola if your phone would link to the kit. If its a bluetooth phone i sure it would work. On the box it says it will work on Motorola, nokia, sony-erickson and some samsung phones, but just double check. As for the antenna and keypad, it uses your phones antenna and keypad. If you have voice dialing or voice name tagging as like my phone then you just push the voice button on the controller and say the name or number and it will dial it for you. The kit consist of a commander (controller), external speaker, mic, bluetooth junction box, and wires. Ill try to take a pix of my Ml if i have time. Hope this helps

·
Registered
2002 ML55K
2,292 Posts

·
Registered
ML 320
2 Posts
Thanks guys your info have very informative. Sage 3 I would appreicate it if you can show us the pics of your installed nokia in your ML. I was planning to get that Nokia 616. Actually I have also a Motorolla V3 maybe I could make it work with the ML phone system.

That parrot hands free car kit also looks great and practical, thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts