Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2013 c250 as a Certified pre-owned car. The carfax report was clear, one owner no accidents. The Mercedes dealer provided the CPO checklist. I have had the car 2 years and have only driven it 700 miles. It drives beautifully. When i took it in for the annual service this year my local dealer claims it needs spark plugs, brake fluid replacement AND new motor mounts! $1500! How can a car go from passing all CPO items and 700 miles later need all this work? New spark plugs? The car has ONLY 6900 miles. Yes 6900 not 69,000.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Well, the brake fluid is time-based. With regards to the spark plugs, I agree they probably are ok. Motor mounts should also be good.

I would check your owners manual about the spark plugs and get a second opinion on the mounts.

That said, you really need to drive the car more. You may have problems in the future with seals leaking and such if it doesn’t get driven regularly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the brake fluid is time-based. With regards to the spark plugs, I agree they probably are ok. Motor mounts should also be good.

I would check your owners manual about the spark plugs and get a second opinion on the mounts.

That said, you really need to drive the car more. You may have problems in the future with seals leaking and such if it doesn’t get driven regularly.
Thank you. I know I should drive it more I just don’t go anywhere since I’m retired. Guess I need more of a life!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts