Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'92 300E
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, so replacing one's motor mounts should be straightforward, right?

Well, not in my case. Upon removing my motor mount I discovered another part that needs replaced as it no longer... well... functions.

Now, my problem isn't installing the mount of the 'arm' (grand total of four? bolts), it's finding out what in the world is that arm called so i can order a new one.

To be a bit more clear it's the boxed 'arm' like thingamajig

I managed to retrieve, to what i think is, the part number.
R603 223 0904

No luck in searching for it that way.

Hope all the pictures don't make it too spamtastic, trying to convey how much I do, and do not know.
Any response is appreciated and anticipated!
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
"Gretchen" my 1986 300E 286000 km+ (RIP) August 2015
1,092 Posts
They are called engine support arms. Can only be ordered at the dealer, I had to but two of them.
Good luck

·
Registered
'92 300E
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the real question is ... how would that arm break?
Hoping it's the twenty-one years of average wear and tear and not the six months of my inexperienced driving that severed that arm(Probably a combination of the two...) It sits right under the exhaust manifold so mheh.

They are called engine support arms. Can only be ordered at the dealer, I had to but two of them.
Good luck
Thanks for the info!
My online request was rejected, their email is outdated or something, so looks like a Monday phone call...

How tedious is getting a part from a dealer? How long does it usually take for a relatively simple part like mine to come in? Or should i stop fretting because this is a lot easier than it looks :)

·
Premium Member
About a dozen 1988, 1989, 1990, and 1991 sedans, wagons, 4Matics and 1 coupe
5,466 Posts
Your'e definitely sweating too much. Easy, easy fix. Too bad I didn't know about this this morning -- the U-Pull-It yards have these because they never break. Well almost never break.
The only one I've seen broken is the one in my 88 300E parts car that got hit at the left front corner and spun around. Now *that* broke it. I'd be suspicious that your car was hit, too. There's really no other way to break one except maybe inappropriate jacking.
If you do go the dealer route they'll probably have a new part in 24 hours. MBZ has an excellent parts system. I'd definitely go the junkyard route, though. Call Potomac or Silver Star or whoever -- they'll have them as used parts.

·
Registered
'92 300E
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Finally got around to putting it all together and I couldn't be happier with the result.

Amidst all this, I had discovered fragments of orange below the distributor cap.

Considering I JUST put this new cap in around January, any particular reason why or does this just happen to one out of every cap.

This cracked cap lead to a fouled spark plug, which lead to some horrible idle and acceleration problems. Replaced both and no more symptoms. So yeah, still going strong :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts