Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hope this is not a stupid question but how many motor mounts and transmission mounts would my 85 190e have?

I am thinking about having them replaced being the car is 26 years old, I am sure it won't hurt.

Is it a quick job?

I am looking at these parts

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sku/Mercedes_Benz/190E/Corteco/Motor_and_Transmission_Mount/1985/2-dot-3/4_Cyl_2-dot-3L/W0133-1628077.html

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sku/Mercedes_Benz/190E/Sachs/Motor_and_Transmission_Mount/1985/2-dot-3/4_Cyl_2-dot-3L/W0133-1617957.html

·
IR MODERATOR
9,228 Posts
3 mounts total 2 of the round ones 1 of the trapizoidal ones. it took me about an hour on my 93 2.3

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3 mounts total 2 of the round ones 1 of the trapezoidal ones. it took me about an hour on my 93 2.3
Thanks! I am not sure what improvements will be noticeable once they get replaced but I am sure it will be a good thing to replace.

·
IR MODERATOR
9,228 Posts
amazing it solved my idle issues.

·
IR MODERATOR
9,228 Posts
it didnt solve it but it smoothed it out alot.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Does an '84 190D also have three motor mounts? I can see the one trapizoidal one, but not really the others.

·
IR MODERATOR
9,228 Posts
i got pics somewhere but the original ones on my 93 were about an inch or so shorter then the new ones. it shows how much they worn over the years.

·
IR MODERATOR
9,228 Posts
Does an '84 190D also have three motor mounts? I can see the one trapizoidal one, but not really the others.
should have, 2 round ones are motor mounts and ttthe other is a trans mount.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
i got pics somewhere but the original ones on my 93 were about an inch or so shorter then the new ones. it shows how much they worn over the years.
Was the trans mount or the motor mount shorter due to wear? How many miles were on them when you replaced them?

I will take before and after pics of the parts.

·
IR MODERATOR
9,228 Posts
both were shorter the trans mount wasnt as short as the motor but the rubber on the trans mounf was real soft compared to the new one.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Most people miss the FOURTH item called an "engine stop"; located at the bottom of the engine block, behind the oil pan, loosely connected to the chassis cross beam.

·
Registered
104 Posts
A good rule of thumb is if the motor mount spacing between the metal of the mount and the car frame is less than 1/2 inch, they are NG. The toughest part is getting to the top bolt on the drivers side mount. I did mine from the top using about 2 feet of socket extensions and a universal joint on the socket.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts