Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Jaguar STR-sold,mercedes s500L-sold,c36 amg-sold,s500 coupe-sold,cl420-sold,s320-sold,s280-sold
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spend around 5K on the car so far redoing everything suspension,brakes,was resprayed,exhaust the lot and they failed me on : O/S brake line corroded. I nearly exploded.One way its good that it was picked it up other I'm a regular customer and they know how much I care about my cars.Should be given an advisorry and should pass.At list would have a MOT in my hand and I would do it anyway.
Sorry guys I'm just a bit upset - so much love to my CL - not enough worse then women :mad:

·
Registered
2001 E55 AMG
3,294 Posts
I sometimes have the same problem,been going to the same place for years....Get the MOT cheaper,but there are two testers. One will fail a bulb,the other gives me a pass with a list 'cos he knows I'll do it.

·
Registered
W220 S320 CDI 2005; W140 S280 1994 (Sold Nov. 2012)
867 Posts
I spend around 5K on the car so far redoing everything suspension,brakes,was resprayed,exhaust the lot and they failed me on : O/S brake line corroded. I nearly exploded.One way its good that it was picked it up other I'm a regular customer and they know how much I care about my cars.Should be given an advisorry and should pass.At list would have a MOT in my hand and I would do it anyway.
Sorry guys I'm just a bit upset - so much love to my CL - not enough worse then women :mad:
But what about last year's MOT: you should have had an Advisory Notice about brake line corrosion then. I don't see how brake line corrosion can go from a 'no comment' to a failure in one year - are they looking for work do you think?

Commiserations,

Mike

·
Registered
Jaguar STR-sold,mercedes s500L-sold,c36 amg-sold,s500 coupe-sold,cl420-sold,s320-sold,s280-sold
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But what about last year's MOT: you should have had an Advisory Notice about brake line corrosion then. I don't see how brake line corrosion can go from a 'no comment' to a failure in one year - are they looking for work do you think?

Commiserations,

Mike
Last year no probs even it was before mods.Had rusty hole in front wing plus tyres were not so great. Bad luck with a tester - will be sorted next week anyway.Don't think they looking for work they R very busy.
Cheers

·
Registered
2001 E55 AMG
3,294 Posts

Commiserations,

Mike
Not had my car that long so I didn't get it MOT'd last year. It's due in a month and I will be changing four brake pipes due to corrosion....It had no advisories last time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts