Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1999 ML430; 1998 S420
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I own a W140 and W163. In the process of restoring them, I’ve begun selling Mercedes parts on eBay. I live within driving distance of 16 picknpull yards. There are a lot of W126 sedans rolling into the junkyard but since I don’t own one or have any expertise on them I don’t know what’s valuable. I’d like to save the parts from the shredder while at the same time making a little money. Any suggestions as to what’s parts might be good? Stuff that breaks a lot? Thanks I’m advance.

·
Registered
1985 500sel and 500sec 2012 E63 1989 Porsche 911
5,060 Posts
how much are u planning on marking the parts up

·
Registered
Too many to list
8,516 Posts
Just type in w126 or 560sel on eBay completed auctions search to see what parts sells for the highest prices

·
Premium Member
1991 560SEC / 2007 S550
1,349 Posts
I've done a few part outs and these were always the hot items:
  • Rear sun blind parts
  • Center console roll box
  • Wood in good shape (if you don't want to pull all of it, just pull the wood off door panels + grab the climate control + shifter pieces)
  • Window regulator motors
  • Euro headlamps / bumpers
  • Seat belt presenter (the whole assembly)
  • EZL
The markups on eBay (by other folks selling parts) can be insane... So take that with a grain of salt. High prices might take a while to sell. I sell my stuff for a fraction of the price and it moves pretty quick

The pieces which don't sell so quick, which I would avoid:
  • carpeting / trunk liner / etc (takes up a lot of space)
  • seats (they're crazy heavy and only makes sense to sell locally, IMO). Would make more sense to just grab the motors
  • interior paneling (c panel coverings, door cards, dash, kick panels, etc). you might eventually get a buyer, but it typically takes a while to sell and takes up a lot of space (and is expensive to ship)

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
13,366 Posts
Generation two Euro bumper chrome! I sold a set of those in what seemed like minutes.
Obviously curtains.
And all the stuff already mentioned above.
I still sell the occasional item from my parts car but mostly I just pick at it for myself, not much left. It's a great way of making money, if you have the time and ability to get the parts off.

·
Registered
'91 560SEC, '91 300SE (sold), '98 Yota, '02 S-10 Hauler
8,929 Posts
It would depend on what an individual needs for their car on any given day. Most of the cars I've seen in the yards around here the engine and system control modules (FPR, Klima, ICV, CCU, etc) are usually gone by the time I get to them, yes there are guys at the yards that swoop down and pull parts to sell online and have lists of things others are looking for

·
Registered
1977 450 SEL 6.9
722 Posts
Full hydro (HPF) suspension parts have limited appeal but they are rare and if in good shape can fetch good money.

·
Registered
1989 300SE EURO
271 Posts
I would add black sun visors/ vanity mirrors.
For some reason these are the first to break and you could never find them at PYP.
Other colors seem not to be affected that much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts