Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995 E320 Wagon, 2002 S430
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cleaning the throttle body on my M104 was very straight forward and simple enough to do on our 95 E320 wagon. But on my friends newly acquired 91 300E M103, it's a completely different story with the way MB implemented the closed intake chamber (official name anyone?) that sits right on top of the throttle body, as if it were guarding it from us prying and prodding DIYers, ever so eager to get our hands in there to clean all that carbon and soot out. I am thinking I will have to build some sort of extension implement with a bristle head cleaner at the other end to be able to reach way down in there to clean everything up thoroughly. I know 3M has a product that is supposed to be able to spray upside down like that and can be combusted while you spray the carbon off with the engine running. Wondering if that would be the way to go with this setup. Thanks for you help guys.

·
Registered
2001 E55 Estate
27 Posts
The component that is above the throttle body is called an air flow meter. I used to use Ford Motorcraft PM2 foaming air intake cleaner but cannot get it in California anymore, maybe you can find some where you're at.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts