Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I just replaced the lower control arm bushings, the tie rods, the center drag link, and the steering damper. upon getting the wheels back on, The car still has the tires in a weird position. They look like this: / \. They look like this when the car goes forward.
When, I go in reverse, they change positions. They are the opposite. Originally, the car wore out the front tires in a very short time. They were all worn out on the inside of the tires.
Does any body have any ideas? I thank you in advance!!!!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hello,
I just replaced the lower control arm bushings, the tie rods, the center drag link, and the steering damper. upon getting the wheels back on, The car still has the tires in a weird position. They look like this: / \. They look like this when the car goes forward.
When, I go in reverse, they change positions. They are the opposite. Originally, the car wore out the front tires in a very short time. They were all worn out on the inside of the tires.
Does any body have any ideas? I thank you in advance!!!!

You need computerized alignment for sure. I mean all 3 types.

1- Camber
2- Caster
3- Toe in or out.

Sahai

·
Registered
10,152 Posts
^ Agreed, inspect the upper control arms too, you'll need an alignment after those are replaced (if necessary) too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys!

Thanks for the quick replies! Alignment done! Much better.

. . . on the road again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts