Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
05 SL55, 04 ML500, ML63 on order 997TT launch car on order
158 Posts
Are those the 2 piece 19" wheels? If so then what is the ride like? I'm thinking I may want to change my order, if I still have time.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Scruffyone - 2/19/2005 8:17 AM

Are those the 2 piece 19" wheels? If so then what is the ride like? I'm thinking I may want to change my order, if I still have time.
They are the 2 piece 19's, 8.5" front 10" rears with 255-35 Michelin Pilots on the front and 295-30 Pilots on the rear. Believe it or not even with the the lower profile tires the ride is still quite good. Compared to a normal SL 500 it is firmer but all AMG's are but it is not harsh.
The optional wheels on the MB site appear to be different than these. These were added by the dealer. The Tire Rack carries these and you can get the wheels and tires for about $5,600.
I personally think that these really make a difference in appearance and would have no qualms about the ride.
Lou K

·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
lkirchner - 2/19/2005 6:51 AM

Scruffyone - 2/19/2005 8:17 AM

They are the 2 piece 19's, 8.5" front 10" rears with 255-35 Michelin Pilots on the front and 295-30 Pilots on the rear. Believe it or not even with the the lower profile tires the ride is still quite good. Compared to a normal SL 500 it is firmer but all AMG's are but it is not harsh.
The optional wheels on the MB site appear to be different than these. These were added by the dealer. The Tire Rack carries these and you can get the wheels and tires for about $5,600.
I personally think that these really make a difference in appearance and would have no qualms about the ride.
Lou K
I believe these are the exact same AMG wheels you get from Mercedes. Since the SL65 came out, you can now get them in two colors, the normal silver type color and now the SL65 color which is a hyperblack type of color.

I almost ordered these wheels for my SL600 but decided I wanted the 18 inch for for ride comfort. I had these wheels on my 2004 SL55.

They are gorgeous, expecially in the hyperblack.

·
Registered
05 SL55, 04 ML500, ML63 on order 997TT launch car on order
158 Posts
Another tire question.
The AMG wheels in question are listed as an accessory on MBUSA, with the tires not included in the price of almost $7000.00. If they are an accessory, will they be in addition to the standard wheels and tires?
It looks like I'm better off buying these from the Tire Rack, as their price is less than MB, and the tires are included.

·
Registered
SL 500 2003 former; E350 2007 former, C320 2005 Actual.
202 Posts
I think it's in adition to the standar wheels and tires. My privious car was an E320 premiun package and I put the sport wheels and tires and they give me both the original and the sports so I sell the originals on the street.

·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
carlosfernandeznadal - 2/19/2005 9:21 AM

I think it's in adition to the standar wheels and tires. My privious car was an E320 premiun package and I put the sport wheels and tires and they give me both the original and the sports so I sell the originals on the street.
Any you paid for both, I am sure.

·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
Scruffyone - 2/19/2005 9:10 AM

Another tire question.
The AMG wheels in question are listed as an accessory on MBUSA, with the tires not included in the price of almost $7000.00. If they are an accessory, will they be in addition to the standard wheels and tires?
It looks like I'm better off buying these from the Tire Rack, as their price is less than MB, and the tires are included.
That sounds right but you need to make sure the bolt pattern and offset are exact. I am not sure if they make that wheel in different bolt patterns and offsets.

Also, check with your dealer. That is the price on the internet but they may sell them to you for less.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nice Color Scheme

:)
lkirchner said:
Sorry but the day is gray and dreary in Northern CA.
WOW! I was just browsing at old posts learning from all sorts of ownership experiences from others --- when I ran into your post with 3 pictures of your gorgeous black SL55. Your color scheme seems like what I have in mind for a 2007 model. Even down to the wheels! I'm curious - is your interior "Ash"? And does it come in sort of a two-tone, i.e., lighter and darker ash color? And what do you have for trim? Carbon Fiber, black ash? I don't think you could get it in any other wood trim...

Please let me know.

Thanks.
Bari

PS: I also sent you a PM...

·
Registered
Several MB's
352 Posts
bari said:
:)

WOW! I was just browsing at old posts learning from all sorts of ownership experiences from others --- when I ran into your post with 3 pictures of your gorgeous black SL55. Your color scheme seems like what I have in mind for a 2007 model. Even down to the wheels! I'm curious - is your interior "Ash"? And does it come in sort of a two-tone, i.e., lighter and darker ash color? And what do you have for trim? Carbon Fiber, black ash? I don't think you could get it in any other wood trim...

Please let me know.

Thanks.
Bari

PS: I also sent you a PM...
The interior is a 2 tone lighter ash on the seats , dash and door panels with a contrasting darker ash (grey) on the doors, dash, armrest and rear compartment. The trim in mine is the textured aluminum.

·
Registered
2007 SL 550 Black-on-Black
55 Posts
Guest said:
Sorry but the day is gray and dreary in Northern CA.
Oh, you tease! I have a black-on-black 2007 SL 550 on order for European delivery on October 17. Don't know how I'm going to get through the next 76 days (wait, it's a bit less given the 6-hr time difference!). One question -- the pic you attached notes that there are 4 or 7 views, but I'm only getting one from each post. Glad to see the great pics of that terrific looking car -- your pics reassure me that I've made the right color choice. The pewter was appealing, but there's something very hot about black on that car.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Lou K said:
The interior is a 2 tone lighter ash on the seats , dash and door panels with a contrasting darker ash (grey) on the doors, dash, armrest and rear compartment. The trim in mine is the textured aluminum.
:eek: One more question Lou - are your wheels 19" stock? I was told by the dealer that they could not order those and i can only get the 19" 5-spoke. Does that sound right to you? They said they can order after market and just charge them separately... If yours are not standard, where did you get them?

Thanks,
Bari

·
Registered
Several MB's
352 Posts
bari said:
:eek: One more question Lou - are your wheels 19" stock? I was told by the dealer that they could not order those and i can only get the 19" 5-spoke. Does that sound right to you? They said they can order after market and just charge them separately... If yours are not standard, where did you get them?

Thanks,
Bari
The wheels are the optional 19" AMG 2 piece, double spoke wheels. The car was ordered that way. From what I can see the 2007 models do not show these wheels as an option. They are the same wheels that are included in the performance package.

If you really want these wheels they can be purchased direct from the tire rack. This is probably your best bet if you want these wheels since you can sell the stock wheels and defer some of the cost.

Lou

1 - 20 of 28 Posts