Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a pic after a good cleaning & wax. And another, my girl looks as amped as I am about my new lights lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Nice car Dogger. For such an old car design, its looks fantastic with the bling. Mb were onto something with the design of these things.
And have you noticed how people treat you slightly different when you turn up in your ml.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I definitely agree!

Nice car Dogger. For such an old car design, its looks fantastic with the bling. Mb were onto something with the design of these things.
And have you noticed how people treat you slightly different when you turn up in your ml.

·
Registered
383 Posts
People don't recognize models and years

with an MB the way they do with more common vehicles. As long as it looks shiny and well-maintained, it looks expensive. They don't realize that I paid less for it than they paid for their sh*(box. I like that and most of the time from ten feet away, mine looks new.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I fully agree with this. A few months back, right after a full detail, someone complimented me on the truck and then asked me if it was new. I laughed and told him it was over 10 years old, and the person was shocked to hear this. Some people act like an MB is super high class and super expensive and then i let them know that i got it for half of what they paid for their ride, and they are shocked. Maintaing a Benz without killing your wallet is more work, but is part of the experience i believe, and well worth it. I love this truck, but if I was the kind of guy who waned to just drop it off at a mechanic or dealer for every little issue and let them do their thing, I'd need another job. (well, not really, but almost)

with an MB the way they do with more common vehicles. As long as it looks shiny and well-maintained, it looks expensive. They don't realize that I paid less for it than they paid for their sh*(box. I like that and most of the time from ten feet away, mine looks new.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I don't work on mine much,

but I really work at know what needs to be worked on so the dealer or mechanic doesn't screw me. If you get a reputation with the dealer and the mechanics as a guy who won't buy BS but won't begrudge paying for what's necessary, they'll generally treat you right. That said, you always have to be prepared to call BS on them or they'll see if they can slide their hand up your leg.

Oh, and mine's older than yours, Big Dogger.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I try to do as much as I can myself to keep costs down but Ive had issues with the AAM and a couple other things that I had to use the dealer for. I use this forum often to see what thing should cost and try to identify as many issues as I can before I put it in someone else's hands. My Indy mechanic is my cousin, so he treats me pretty well, which helps and doesnt give me a problem when I bring him the parts that I want to use. Some mechanics insist on using their parts, since they profit off them as well.

but I really work at know what needs to be worked on so the dealer or mechanic doesn't screw me. If you get a reputation with the dealer and the mechanics as a guy who won't buy BS but won't begrudge paying for what's necessary, they'll generally treat you right. That said, you always have to be prepared to call BS on them or they'll see if they can slide their hand up your leg.

Oh, and mine's older than yours, Big Dogger.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts