Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 G500 (gone)
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the name for this next "G" is actually going to be called either the MLX or the MLG. Ahhh, supposedly MB is going to release an updated version of the W463 (no codename yet) in 2007.

It's very difficult to find out what's going on with the G and Mercedes-Benz these days. It's like Harald said, the execs really don't have a clue themselves.

After looking at these spy pics, IMO the MLG is probably the best fitting name for this vehicle. Some of these might not be new to you, but I thought I'd share them.

·
Registered
2004 G500 (gone)
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It seems doubtful to me that Mercedes would release an X164 and then another updated G-class Mercedes-Benz.

I wasn't clear in the first post, but the dealers I spoke to said Mercedes is planning to introduce this spy vehicle officially in August 2005 as a 2006 vehicle. The source also said that in 2007 an updated G-class vehicle would be available. I think it's wishful thinking at best.

For now we can definetly confirm there's going to be an X164 (insert "duh" here).

·
Registered
00 g500
2,289 Posts
it's not that unlikely...

could be that they plan to watch the reception of the "new" bronco and the "new" defender 90... if those go well it's reasonable to assume they'd want a piece of the action... but if those flop, then definitely forget it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts