Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a thread regarding various error codes earlier in Feburary.
i was getting error codes - 0300,0302,0303,0305,0308. i changed the spark plug and wires and fuel filter (as recommended by the dealer). still the same thing- car is running rough with loss of power. i switched out the coil packs on #1 and #2 and then got an error code of 0100- mass air flow sensor.
i changed the mass air flow sensor and now it runs smoothly till you put it under power then it starts missing again. OBD code reader gives a "-----" reading while car is running smoothly, but gives "0300,0302,0305,0308" when car starts to miss. you can turn the car off and turn it right back on and it will run smoothly till you accelerate hard(?). any one have an idea as to whats going on?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
An 0300 is an SAE powertrain random cylinder misfire. The P0302, P0303, P0305, and P0308 indicate the misfire is occurring on cylinders 2, 3, 5, and 8. The cylinders are numbered from front to back starting on the left (passenger side U.S.). None of those cylinders fire after the other (the order is 1-5-4-8-6-3-7-2). This is what I'd try next - swap all the coils on the left bank with those on the right bank, BUT DO NOT SWAP THE COIL WIRES. Drive the car and see if the exact same problem persists. I seriously doubt the problem will change. If the symptoms don't change (exact same code), then swap the wires from one side to the other and drive the car. If the problem follows the wires, then it's the wires.

Did any maintenance preceed the misfire?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no maintenance preceeded the misfires. the car was running perfectly until it started misfiring. my wife went out for dinner with her sister and it started on the way home. the car has about 95,000 mile.
odd thing is i got the random misfire codes until i swapped the coil packs- then it gave me a code for the mass air flow sensor. the other odd thing is if i drive it at minimal acceleration, it doesn't misfire. it only starts to act up when i put it under a load.....

·
Registered
55 Posts
tghawk, I'm having the exact same problem. Did you manage to get your problems resolved, and how?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi,

I have 3 malfunctions all of a sudden tonight on the way home.

ABS Error
ESP Error
Brake Assist

Those three errors come up all of a sudden. Do you know why it does that
2000 CLK 320
50600 miles
Just got an oil change 100 miles ago w/ Motul

·
Registered
565 Posts
zOn3, check to see if your brake lights are working. If they're not it's likely the brake switch. A bad brake switch will cause these warning lights to come on the moment you step on the brakes after you first start your car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts