Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1985 Mercedes Benz 190e 2.3 8v, 5 speed
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, Jippi was kind enough to send me an antenna bracket, that I've had for much to long to not have done anything with. I mounted it to the antenna motor itself, however since there was no motor in the trunk previously I'm not quite sure how to mount it, and there dont seem to be any obvious corresponding mounts in the trunk (yes, I've removed the lining). Does anyone have a picture of how the motor mounts that I could work backwards from?

·
Registered
1993 190E 2.6, 1990 300SEL, 1992 300SE, 1992 400E, 1987 190E 2.6 murdered by my brother.
1,291 Posts
Scott that diagram is of the newer design from the 1993 model year. The one he needs is the older version without the cell phone hook up and Bose stereo output stuff on the antenna.

·
Registered
1985 Mercedes Benz 190e 2.3 8v, 5 speed
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Scott that diagram is of the newer design from the 1993 model year. The one he needs is the older version without the cell phone hook up and Bose stereo output stuff on the antenna.
You're correct. Thank you very much though. I was also hoping to find a picture of the antenna mounted in the trunk, I've attached the bracket, but I'm just not sure how to install the whole unit.

·
Registered
'87--190E 2.3-16v(being rebuilt), '99--C230 Kompressor
3,488 Posts
without hooking up anything, try attaching your bracket to the antenna, it can go on only 2 ways. make sure your antenna point is facing forward. put your antenna up through the pass thorough hole in the body. the bracket will attach with two 10mm? bolts to the same support that the ground is attached to. if it doesn't line up, switch your bracket around...if it still doesn't line up you may have the wrong antenna bracket

1 - 5 of 5 Posts