Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2003 S500
3,171 Posts
Check the function on the other door - might give a clue as to whether the problem is just the door handle sensor.

·
Registered
2006 S500
14 Posts
I know this is a very old thread but for those of you still reading it and having the problem with the sunroof opening the way it should but stopping and reopening when you try to use the auto shut then this is for you:
I have a Mercedes repair guy that comes out to my house to do repairs if needed. I was having that same issue; he said that all it was is an adjustment needed to the sensor that adjusts for wear; which he said was very, very common. He hooked his computer up and had it fixed in about 30 seconds! He didn't even charge me! It was not anything bent or broken within the sunroof!!!
Does anyone happen to have any further details on the above mentioned fix? Having the same problem and it has persisted after cleaning and lubricating the sliding roof tracks.

Mentioned the above to my indie mechanic and he had no idea.

thanks.
mike b.

·
W220 Moderator
8,296 Posts
Hi,

IR Door Handle fix is documented in the Encyclopaedia :wink

HTH,

Dave

·
Registered
2006 S500
14 Posts
Hi,

IR Door Handle fix is documented in the Encyclopaedia :wink

HTH,

Dave
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply and indeed it is very well documented and the IR fix is on my list of to-dos (along with interior door handle LEDs).

I guess I should have done a better job of quoting the previous posts. I was responding to the part of the thread where a poster described their sliding roof stopping at near close and then retracting a few inches (as if there were a blockage).

My sliding roof one touch opens fine but when when one touch closing I get the stop and retraction. The post I did quote mentioned what sounded like a sensor setting in SDS/DAS that allows for adjusting for wear. Does anyone else know about this setting/where it can be found in SDS?

thanks all.
mkb.

·
Registered
2009 E350 4M Avant Garde, My Mistress 2002 S600, Wife 2014 C300 4M Avant Garde with AMG
1,103 Posts
you still did not answer the question if the complete reset procedure was carried out. always must do after a battery disconnect.

·
Registered
2006 S500
14 Posts
The battery had never been disconnection but yes, I did reset + resynchronize. No Joy. Pulled appropriate fuse for a few mins, reset+resynchronized. No joy. Cleaned and lubricated the tracks. Pulled appropriate fuse again, reset+resynchronized. Problem persists.

thanks.
mkb.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts