Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995 E320
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mono valve/recirculating pump Interchangeability

I need some advice. Just received a replacement mono valve for my 1995 E320. I thought that I had the right one since all web sites offer 001 830 20 84 as the replacement part number. When I went to install it, I realized mine was different. My part number is 001 830 39 84 and is a combination unit that includes both the mono valve and the recirculating pump. I've attached images of both units. If I cannot get the right part, do you think that I could just use the new solenoid on my old unit? The old one was getting wet with antifreeze in its inards. The solenoids look the same and I assume should function the same. Suggestions? The reason I'm asking is that I'm not sure that the supplier has the part I need and then I need to deal with a return, etc. Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
1995 E320
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I didn't hear back from anyone so I decided to take the plunge and gamble that the solenoids and plungers were interchangeable between the two units. Lucky guess. It fit perfectly and works like a charm. It's something to consider if you're having problems with your 94-95 combination monovalve/recirculating pump and you only need the monovalve. Buy the older unit and just use the solenoid. Saves a few dollars as well. Bob

·
Registered
83' 300D Turbo, 95' E320 Wagon
47 Posts
Hello, I'm interested in doing the same fix. Please let me know some detail about this process. I've pulled a couple of these from junk yard and they were not good. Beyond that I don't know the details of the parts (plunger/solenoid etc.).

Thank you,

Scott

·
Registered
1995 E300D, 2001 ML320, 2000 Land Rover Discovery SE7
14 Posts
Bob-

I have your part (001 830 39 84) -- bought it accidentally. I need a 001 830 40 84! (w climate control) There are about half-a-dozen variants on this part...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts