Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

momentary switch tabs id

764 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  jplassy 
#1 · (Edited)
Can somebody tell me what are the functions of the tabs on a unimog momentary switch ?

I got tabs labeled 3, 58, 4, E and 31.

The spare switch I got (from a bag of ol' dirty switches that came with the truck) seems to have been used the past to put a triangle in a square, whatever that is...

I plan to use that switch to cycle through the patterns of my beacon.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Mogish-

I have found this *really* helpful in figuring out various switches and electrical connections:

3 - ?

58 - Side-Marker Lamps, Taillamps, License Plate & Instrument Illumination

4 - ?

E - ?

31 - Return line from battery negative terminal or ground (direct)

Sometimes these .pdfs don't have all the answers. Ouch, in your case 3/5! 4 is obviously used for a distributor connections, which you don't have. Don't know about 3 and E. I'm curious....

Attachments

#7 ·
Sorry, they generally are really helpful, just not with that switch. I thought I would post it in case it would be helpful for other endeavors. I got curious about your other terminals and did some searching...nothing. I did run across one note that said some devices will use non standard numbers for their own purposes...how helpful.

#8 · (Edited)
Don't get me wrong, I am glad for any info I can get.

I just mailed AC Price for his take on switches

edit: I just reread your post and you are saying that #4 is the output ?

Is illumination spelled with a E in german ?

That leaves us with #3, that could be the input ?!?!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.