Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
U1600Ag
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can somebody tell me what are the functions of the tabs on a unimog momentary switch ?

I got tabs labeled 3, 58, 4, E and 31.

The spare switch I got (from a bag of ol' dirty switches that came with the truck) seems to have been used the past to put a triangle in a square, whatever that is...

I plan to use that switch to cycle through the patterns of my beacon.

Attachments

·
Registered
1968 unimog 404
38 Posts
Is that a horn symbol on that switch? It looks like the symbol for a horn that you would find on a wiring diagram.

·
Registered
U1600Ag
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Out of the 5 tabs, I would expect to have one ground, one "in", one "out", one switch light "low" and one switch light "high", but which is which ?

Maybe tab 58 is the low light, because of the resistor going to it ?

·
Registered
1988 U1300L RW-1
504 Posts
Mogish-

I have found this *really* helpful in figuring out various switches and electrical connections:

3 - ?

58 - Side-Marker Lamps, Taillamps, License Plate & Instrument Illumination

4 - ?

E - ?

31 - Return line from battery negative terminal or ground (direct)

Sometimes these .pdfs don't have all the answers. Ouch, in your case 3/5! 4 is obviously used for a distributor connections, which you don't have. Don't know about 3 and E. I'm curious....

Attachments

·
Registered
1988 U1300L RW-1
504 Posts
Sorry, they generally are really helpful, just not with that switch. I thought I would post it in case it would be helpful for other endeavors. I got curious about your other terminals and did some searching...nothing. I did run across one note that said some devices will use non standard numbers for their own purposes...how helpful.

·
Registered
U1600Ag
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Sorry, they generally are really helpful, just not with that switch. I thought I would post it in case it would be helpful for other endeavors. I got curious about your other terminals and did some searching...nothing. I did run across one note that said some devices will use non standard numbers for their own purposes...how helpful.
Don't get me wrong, I am glad for any info I can get.

I just mailed AC Price for his take on switches

edit: I just reread your post and you are saying that #4 is the output ?

Is illumination spelled with a E in german ?

That leaves us with #3, that could be the input ?!?!

·
Registered
U1600Ag
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just got the word from A.C. Price and the tabs are the following:

31 = Ground , 58 = back light illumination, 3 = feed from fuse, 4 = out to consumer , E = not used.

·
Registered
1988 U1300L RW-1
504 Posts
Do you know if AC Price has some kind of reference material that the rest of us might be able to access for these kinds of things? Perhaps MB reference material?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts