Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 BMW X5 / 07' 55k coming
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a Unimog troop carrier in the movie " Confessions of a dangerous mind", the Chuck Barris movie. Yeah the Gong Show guy. Caught a glimpse in a scene early on.

·
Registered
90 300 SE ,85 300 GD
1,574 Posts
S 404 in "War Stories" NBC

Also an S 404 in the made-for-tv-movie "WAR STORIES" last night on NBC. Also some old Land Rovers as well! The ROVERS got the most screenplay of course.
[:D]

·
Registered
190E, 1600 Unimog,
1 Posts
Tears of the sun has a mog in it too, didn't watch it enough times to identify it though...

Tears of the sun has a mog in it too, didn't watch it enough times to identify it though...

·
Registered
90 300 SE ,85 300 GD
1,574 Posts
TV Commercial for Land Rover

I saw a TV commercial for Land Rover and in the background their appears to be a 404, red, following a Land Rover through a creek. They speed through the shot quickly, so I couldn't get a good look. Anyone else seen this one?

·
Registered
1981 Ural 375 , U1300L 1988
64 Posts
Mog in Movie<s>

There was a special on National Georgraphic channel in which an Oxford Professor and author travelled to the four extremes - Hottest Place, Driest place, Wettest place, and coldest place - While in the Atacama desert in Chile he accompanied some Chilean commandos into the desert, they were transported there by a 416 with large 14.5x20 sand tires (Michelin XS by the looks). It's the first 416 that didn't smoke like crazy that I have ever seen ! ;-)

There is also a RHD 404 in the movie Congo - horrible movie but there scene where they drive from the Congolese airport to another airport is a good 5 - 10 minutes. Funny thing is that they carry on a conversation in the back of the 404 which rides rock steady by the way, even stranger is the turbo diesel sound they dubbed over the anemic M180 sound.

Chris M

·
Registered
404S
375 Posts
Dug this one up out of the archives...

there are a few MOGs in "The Gods Must be Crazy 2"
Not as good as the original film, but the MOGs make up for that [:)] (You know, a bit like "Top Gun" - where the F14s were the stars[;)])

·
Registered
'76 406.145 Doka tug
289 Posts
I caught the end of "extreme machines" or something like it on discovery channel, and they had a piece on a Unimog set up for yarding rail cars.

·
Registered
1970 404.114
15 Posts
I saw a street full of 404's with 50 cals in the back, on a ps2 video game. "Killswicth" on the 2nd level.
pretty cool,
mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts