Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't get it, is it difficult to do or they can't see difference between C sedan and coupe? Why should coupe owners post here on sedan forum?

·
Premium Member
7,273 Posts
IMO, the main differences are visual due to bodywork.

Otherwise the C-class sedans and coupes are mechanically nearly identical (powertrains, drivetrains, suspension, wheel/tire specs).

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
If the C coupe received it's own forums then every other forum would argue as to why there isn't a coupe forum for their cars... Example W126, W140, W220, etc.. the list goes on.

·
Premium Member
7,273 Posts
I would suggest you to read specs before posting :)
I'd suggest increasing your automotive knowledge and improving posting style before posting.:)

Just because a car is dimensionally different (and 50 pounds heavier) does not make the car entirely different. As I said before the cars drivetrains and powertrains are nearly identical.

btw - Complete your profile so we can see what country your Mercedes is in.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I'd suggest increasing your automotive knowledge and improving posting style before posting.:)

Just because a car is dimensionally different (and 50 pounds heavier) does not make the car entirely different. As I said before the cars drivetrains and powertrains are nearly identical.

btw - Complete your profile so we can see what country your Mercedes is in.

Really? I don't recall new C350 coupe V6 engine with more torque and hp already been installed on any MB car besides new E350, how is that same to C sedan? Do you need more differences? Per specs it is about 2000 differences to C sedan and that is including size, weight, height etc. They are sharing some bolts? :) oh well, at least they don't share drivers... :)

·
Premium Member
7,273 Posts
Really? I don't recall new C350 coupe V6 engine with more torque and hp already been installed on any MB car besides new E350, how is that same to C sedan? Do you need more differences? Per specs it is about 2000 differences to C sedan and that is including size, weight, height etc. They are sharing some bolts? :) oh well, at least they don't share drivers... :)
Depends on what country you are in, guess you are not familiar with C350 BlueEfficiency Edition 125 sedan in UK (306 hp, direct-injected).

Fact is both the sedans and coupes are C-Class cars. I just offered my opinion, I have no problem with starting a coupe section for the new coupes.

Really, (as you would say).

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, I forget that Silicon Valley is in UK ... :) It is not same car that is fact. Asking or talking about on sedan forum is funny. I just comeback from MB dealer where they spent several min researching which part that I need could work from sedan and comeback with - wait more time they are different cars and part might not feet well.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ok, I forget that Silicon Valley is in UK ... :) It is not same car that is fact. Asking or talking about on sedan forum is funny. I just comeback from MB dealer where they spent several min researching which part that I need could work from sedan and comeback with - wait more time they are different cars and part might not feet well.
They are based on the same body type. That is how car forums usually differentiate. They are the same car for all intensive purposes. They share the same engines, and will share them even more in future model years. They also share most parts. They have the same tech packages available. The coupe is a W204 with 2 less doors and some design modifications. Most of the material in this forum applies to your coupe. Get over yourself. I'd rather a coupe forum just so I wouldn't have to read any more of these waste-of-time posts from you.

You own a W204 C350. Welcome to the W204 C350 forum.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I like being in here. I was here before when I owned a Sedan and now I'm here with the Coupe. All my friends are here! Also we'd only have like 5 members in a coupe forum and if I'm one of them I would not have nearly as much to contribute as some of the great guys on here do for both. My 2C's. Pun intended.

-H

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They are based on the same body type. That is how cars forums usually differentiate. They are the same car for all intensive purposes. They share the same engines, and will share them even more in future model years. They also share most parts. They have the same tech packages available. The coupe is a W204 with 2 less doors and some design modifications. Most of the material in this forum applies to your coupe. Get over yourself. I'd rather a coupe forum just so I wouldn't have to read any more of these waste-of-time posts from you.

You own a W204 C350. Welcome to the W204 C350 forum.

Don't read me read specs or at least some reputable publications, this one for example:

2012 Mercedes-Benz C250 Sedan and C350 Coupe First Test - Motor Trend

·
Registered
178 Posts
Don't read me read specs or at least some reputable publications, this one for example:

2012 Mercedes-Benz C250 Sedan and C350 Coupe First Test - Motor Trend
Maybe you should reread?

You mentioned the 2000 different parts. Here is the quote from your link: "the C has been significantly revised for 2012. More specifically, some 2000-plus components have been replaced or changed."

They are NOT talking about the coupe. They are talking about the 2012 C vs the 2011 C.

Further, this article is about the 2012 C CLASS. NOT specifically the coupe. Because they are the same car. Here is another quote "The C350 Coupe is nearly identical dimensionally to its four-door brethren"

This article only demonstrates that you are incorrect.

Both 2011 and 2012 are part of the W204 body. They are EXTREMELY similar. This is what is called a "facelift" model year.

I bought a 2012 C 2 months ago.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Maybe you should reread?

You mentioned the 2000 different parts. Here is the quote from your link: "the C has been significantly revised for 2012. More specifically, some 2000-plus components have been replaced or changed."

They are NOT talking about the coupe. They are talking about the 2012 C vs the 2011 C.

Further, this article is about the 2012 C CLASS. NOT specifically the coupe. Because they are the same car. Here is another quote "The C350 Coupe is nearly identical dimensionally to its four-door brethren"

This article only demonstrates that you are incorrect.

Both 2011 and 2012 are part of the W204 body. They are EXTREMELY similar. This is what is called a "facelift" model year.

I bought a 2012 C 2 months ago.

I feel bad for you, I don't buy sedans for long time ... :) Another interesting reading to you:

Performance

The top-of-the-line C350 Coupe uses a new, direct-injected version of Mercedes' 3.5-liter DOHC V6. Equipped with Variable Valve Timing on both intake and exhaust, it's a smooth runner from startup to its 6,750-rpm redline. Horsepower jumps to 302 at 6,500 rpm, versus the previous 3.5-liter's 268 hp at 6,000. Torque follows a similar path. There's more of it — 273 pound-feet — but it's produced from 3,500-5,250 rpm, versus the previous V6's slightly more tractable 258 lb-ft from 2,400-5,000.

Despite the extra power, fuel economy has improved thanks to the engine's direct injection and the revised and more efficient seven-speed automatic transmission. The C350 Coupe is expected to deliver 22 mpg combined, a 2 mpg improvement over the 2011 Mercedes-Benz C350 Sedan.

All U.S. C-Class Coupes will come standard with a sport suspension that's optional in Europe. But the test cars we drove were fitted with the optional, upgraded Advanced Agility package, which features electronically controlled adaptive dampers. The driver can switch from the standard setting to Sport with the press of a button, not only providing firmer damping rates for more body control but also quicker, sharper throttle response and heavier steering effort.

We were glad to find that the Sport setting truly means sport. It transforms the 3,562-pound C350 Coupe from a slightly vague, light-steering highway car with the noticeable body roll that's characteristic of a Mercedes sedan into a sharp sport coupe that's glued to the road, its body roll and suspension action tightly controlled (even stiff) and its responses to steering inputs sharp and immediate.

http://www.edmunds.com/mercedes-benz/c-class/2012/road-test2.html

·
Registered
178 Posts
I feel bad for you, I don't buy sedans for long time ... :)
You feel bad for me? Are you 12 years old? Do you have some kind of jealousy issue? I don't want a coupe. We both have cars that we like because they fit us. That is a good thing. Do you think everyone on the road should be driving a coupe? Maybe I have more than 1 additional person often in my car? Do you realize that over 90% of the people on this forum drive a sedan and you just offended all of them? Your reputation here is toast before it ever began.

Regardless, the fact that you are extremely immature is not the topic of this thread. The topic was created by you and has been proven incorrect. Now behave yourself.

Mods - maybe delete or lock this thread and ban him before he starts a flame war?

Either way, I'm done with you as there is no point in wasting my time with such epic immaturity.

EDIT: So now you edited your post to include 1 paragraph from the article. That redesigned engine is NOT specific to the coupe. It is included on THE SEDAN AND THE COUPE. Therefore it is yet another argument against the coupe necessitating its own forum.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
You feel bad for me? Are you 12 years old? Do you have some kind of jealousy issue? I don't want a coupe. We both have cars that we like because they fit us. That is a good thing. Do you think everyone on the road should be driving a coupe? Maybe I have more than 1 additional person often in my car? Do you realize that over 90% of the people on this forum drive a sedan and you just offended all of them? Your reputation here is toast before it ever began.

Regardless, the fact that you are extremely immature is not the topic of this thread. The topic was created by you and has been proven incorrect. Now behave yourself.

Mods - maybe delete or lock this thread and ban him before he starts a flame war?

Either way, I'm done with you. Enjoy yourself little squirt :p

EDIT: So now you edited your post to include 1 paragraph from that page. That redesigned engine is NOT specific to the coupe. It is included on THE SEDAN AND THE COUPE. Therefore it is yet another argument against the coupe necessitating its own forum.

Jealousy to what? :) To underpowered, not fuel efficient, with boat cornering suspension, women driving style oriented sedan? :) All I asked is to be separated from one like you, is it too difficult to do? And again, there is only E350 yet with same engine as C350 coupe in US.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Jealousy to what? :) To underpowered, not fuel efficient, with boat cornering suspension, women driving style oriented sedan? :) All I asked is to be separated from one like you, is it too difficult to do? And again, there is only E350 yet with same engine as C350 coupe.
HAHAHA! :big laugh::yelrotflmao:
Ok, so I have to admit, you have entertained me and given me a good laugh. Have a good night!

·
Premium Member
7,273 Posts
No, what you forgot to do is complete your profile so we could see your location.

Sorry about your problem ( getting parts that is):D

·
Registered
23 Posts
I like being in here. I was here before when I owned a Sedan and now I'm here with the Coupe. All my friends are here! Also we'd only have like 5 members in a coupe forum and if I'm one of them I would not have nearly as much to contribute as some of the great guys on here do for both. My 2C's. Pun intended.

-H
Well, I just bought a 2013 C350 Coupe with Sport Package last week. Now that makes us 6 members:)

Anyway, this car is so fun to drive.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Well, I just bought a 2013 C350 Coupe with Sport Package last week. Now that makes us 6 members:)

Anyway, this car is so fun to drive.
Congrads! Car is not the same to sedan in lot of aspects but asking for forum separation would not result in anything. mbworld.com, having one but over there is another problem :) dominanace of kids with c250 attaching C63 pipes to it :)
So, actually I found this forum as much better alternative to nothing. Besides it is much more mature and very friendly people here.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts