Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody I know of that can do some custom ECM tuning to get rid of the Check engine light on my 1999 ML320? It does not appear that there is a cost effective DIY solution for this like there is for the domestic vehicles.

thanks

·
Registered
2000 ML430 (Sold)
1,209 Posts
Anybody I know of that can do some custom ECM tuning to get rid of the Check engine light on my 1999 ML320? It does not appear that there is a cost effective DIY solution for this like there is for the domestic vehicles.

thanks
Theres a nice little thread going around right now on the W163 forum called "MIL Light" started by megadamp. Have yourself a nice coffee and a good read, it will be all you need to know.

Just my curiosity though, is it on and you want it off to cover up a fix having to be done before you sell it?

·
Registered
2000 ML320; engine number 30 633407; last 6 VIN 172300
363 Posts
thanks
The only ECM tuning I'd be doing is getting a scanner and finding out WHY the light is on in the first place. If the light is on, it is on for what could be a serious reason if left like that indefinitely. If ignored, you could likely do catalytic converter damage or engine damage in the long run.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Theres a nice little thread going around right now on the W163 forum called "MIL Light" started by megadamp. Have yourself a nice coffee and a good read, it will be all you need to know.

Just my curiosity though, is it on and you want it off to cover up a fix having to be done before you sell it?
Nope, not planning on selling it. I'm putting in a diesel engine, and I want to have the MIL light turned off, as it's missing a bunch if the necessary inputs now, like spark plugs...

Thanks, I'll give it a read and see if it helps!
Jason

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
O-
Thanks for the link. That and some searching led me think that das might do what I need. Does anyone know if the developer version allows someone to disable certain unused sensors and adjust engine parameters so that you could prevent a mil indicator after swapping in an engine? I can't tell what exactly the software does or does not do, but can anyone that has used it confirm?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,145 Posts
Developer mode only comes in German and some daring people have turned things the ECU into a paper weight.
It is not even activated on dealer owned systems. It is really intended for factory use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts