Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Modifications

1123 Views 5 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  black 1994 c280
Out of curiosity, what was the biggest improvement that you felt was worth the investment if any/ I'd like to make a small but modest investment in my car and didn't know what would have the greatest impact...suspension? wheels? new grille?<br> <br> thanks<br> <br> ssb
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hmm. I invested about $2,200 to keep the car on the road for the past 2 years. I think that's enough!!But I would say a new radiator was good, and now I'm saving for a new AC. Oh, and fixing of the rear window, and a new blower motor, and now the front struts. new aux fan was a waste. I'm also ready to replace my blower motor switch..<br> ;-))

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've put a total of over 8 grand into this car (buying it and having work done). My mistake was going to mercedes and letting do what needed done. It was very expensive, but it was really needed and will keep the car running for a long time. I just replaced my windshield (my fault) and my ignition tumbler is going to be replaced this friday. All this will cost me about another 600 (winshield and tumbler together). I hope those bastards don't charge me for lots of labor because a tumbler is an easy job. But in this case it is cheaper to go to the dealer for the tumbler and they also order it in for my VIN so it will match my keys.<br> <br> I'd say fix it up then start modifying it. Get it to tip top running condition and go from there. If you want supe it up go with exhaust and intake upgrades, I've also heard of people taking out the R16 resistor which does something to the fuel system (not completely sure) and they in turn get a lot more power. Wheels and tires a way to make the car look younger. I wish I had the money to upgrade it to Xenon headlights, sylvania makes the Xenarc lights that convert the sealed beam lights to Xenon that looks like the new merc and BMW xenons. Costs about 800 bucks total (balasts, bulbs, etc).

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First I want to say I really like this board and the people who are on it, but in my opinion this board is geared more toward technical questions about the car. For questions about modifications go to the http://forums.delphiforums.com/MBNZ190E/start<br> or<br> http://benzsport.com<br> There's a ton of experts with a ton of knowledge<br> <br> I check all three forums all the time. If someone else has forum sites put them up. You can never know too much

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.