Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,<p>Just wondering if any one has or is planning to do any modifications to your E55?<p>I have a 2001 on order and already have a few ideas as to what i will do to it when i get it.<p>1) I want to remove the front hood emblem and replace it with an SL flat emblem. My friend did it with his CLK and it looks more sporty.<br> To me, i think it will look more like a CL.<p>2) I am thinking of changing the suspension pads on the E55 to Euro spec pads since it will make the car a little lower like the E55's in europe.<br> By doing this, it will not affect the ride or anything else. It is just for looks.<p>Thats all i am thinking of doing so far. Does anyone know whether there is anything else that can be done to enhance performance?<br>I know i know... it already IS an AMG car.. but is it possible to put in a K&N air filter or anything? I dont want to chip it or anything. Just minor mods.<p>Any feedback or opinions would be awesome! Thanks in advance!!<p>This is an awesome board!<p>Ryan

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I drive a 430 and the spring pads for my car and the E55 are the same. I replaced mine with 9mm all around although you can get up to 7mm for the rear.<p>Here's the part no's for your info.:<br>210 321 02 84 (Front)<br>210 325 02 84 (Rear)<p>I also got the flat emblem and bought it from Performance Products. It really changes the look of the car. If you plan to put a K&N filter, just use the drop-in filter since cone filters are even worse for performance since it's uncovered. The point of air filters is to get as much cold air into the engine as possible. When the engine bay gets hot, cone filters suck in hot air and instead of gaining, you even lose power.<p>Good luck on your E55. Post some pics when you get it.<p>John<br>: Hey all,<p>Just wondering if any one has or is planning to do any modifications to your E55?<p>I have a 2001 on order and already have a few ideas as to what i will do to it when i get it.<p>1) I want to remove the front hood emblem and replace it with an SL flat emblem. My friend did it with his CLK and it looks more sporty.<br> To me, i think it will look more like a CL.<p>2) I am thinking of changing the suspension pads on the E55 to Euro spec pads since it will make the car a little lower like the E55's in europe.<br> By doing this, it will not affect the ride or anything else. It is just for looks.<p>Thats all i am thinking of doing so far. Does anyone know whether there is anything else that can be done to enhance performance?<br>I know i know... it already IS an AMG car.. but is it possible to put in a K&N air filter or anything? I dont want to chip it or anything. Just minor mods.<p>Any feedback or opinions would be awesome! Thanks in advance!!<p>This is an awesome board!<p>Ryan<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congratulations on your choice!! I don't think there's much you can do with this car. I think it's perfect as it is. Probably a better tire/wheel package. You could also replace the exhaust but I don't think this would do a lot of difference.<p>BTW, welcome to the board.<p>Mike<p>: Hey all,<p>Just wondering if any one has or is planning to do any modifications to your E55?<p>I have a 2001 on order and already have a few ideas as to what i will do to it when i get it.<p>1) I want to remove the front hood emblem and replace it with an SL flat emblem. My friend did it with his CLK and it looks more sporty.<br> To me, i think it will look more like a CL.<p>2) I am thinking of changing the suspension pads on the E55 to Euro spec pads since it will make the car a little lower like the E55's in europe.<br> By doing this, it will not affect the ride or anything else. It is just for looks.<p>Thats all i am thinking of doing so far. Does anyone know whether there is anything else that can be done to enhance performance?<br>I know i know... it already IS an AMG car.. but is it possible to put in a K&N air filter or anything? I dont want to chip it or anything. Just minor mods.<p>Any feedback or opinions would be awesome! Thanks in advance!!<p>This is an awesome board!<p>Ryan<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It sounds like you guys read my mind. :) I was just looking at mine ('00 E55 obsidian black/black) the other day, and notice that there is a pretty big gap btw the tire and the body. Thinking of reducing the gap a bit.<br>Can you tell me how much the new spring pads are? (What's the height of the original pads by the way?) And the cost of installation? Thanks! <p><p>David <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The stock pads are 12mm I believe not sure though.<br>The pads are about $3-$5 each. Installation varies since they have to take out the springs and replace the pad on top.<p>It really makes it look more aggressive.<p><p>: It sounds like you guys read my mind. :) I was just looking at mine ('00 E55 obsidian black/black) the other day, and notice that there is a pretty big gap btw the tire and the body. Thinking of reducing the gap a bit.<br>Can you tell me how much the new spring pads are? (What's the height of the original pads by the way?) And the cost of installation? Thanks! <p><p>David <br><p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: I couldn't find the flat emblem at Performance Products on the web. Do you know where I can find

T-Bone,<p>Try Precision Auto designs or Bekkers... I am sure they will have the flat emblem<p>Maybe you could even go to your dealer and get one from them, since it is the same emblem as the ones on the SL's.<p>Good luck!<p>Ryan <p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am adding some trick wheels and tires to my E55 Can't say that I actually like the Mono-Block look.<p>The windows are getting professionally tinted next week.<p>I am going to replace the Hood Emblem and possibly the grill with the CL look alike.<p>Exhaust is a definite maybe and just for good measure I may add a wing here is a picture of a<br>lorinser wing on a Black E55 Like Mine :) I know some wings look goddy but this one I think looks cool and adds just a hint more pizazz to an already delightful car!<p>http://www.lorinser.com/menu_e.htm<p>Doug

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I replaced my hood ornament on my 99 silver E55. I did not like having to see the Mercedes symbol as I drived. You say the CL grill will fit on the E55. Can that be ordered/installed only through a delearship? <p>How about the Hella black headlights? Have you considered them? I wonder how they would look on a silver car?<p>Is there a clear replacement for the side blinker lights on the 99 model? That would be different.<p>Bought my E55 used with 14K miles in mint condition for $69k from a dealership. From what I can gather, that is a respectable deal. Been driving it for a few days now and impressing my friends by pinning then against their seats!<p>Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts