Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 G500
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I figured Id start a seperate thread from the ORC Sping and Shock installation for my overall progress.
Below are the new updated pics with the BajaRack extended and chromed as well as the light rack. Ladder from Karl also chromed. New Military Antenna mounts modified to fit on the corner of the vehicle and chromed as well. Shovel and Axe mounted passenger side rack and HiLift Jack on the drivers. Classic Mud Flaps from Vlad to replace the original set. Next update I'll have the front rack lights mounted as well as the rear and front grill.

Attachments

·
Registered
G500 2002, 2005 m/t c230k, w221(s) s350, s320
141 Posts
Looking very good!, I beleive ive seen your G with a trailer attached in Asheville NC before (a few years ago). I remember the BFGs and the swiss flag:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2004 G500
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds about right... I have been to Asheville many times but spent some time there in 2009 when I threw a music festival.

·
Registered
G500 2002, 2005 m/t c230k, w221(s) s350, s320
141 Posts
Thats awesome, Asheville is certainly the place to throw a music festival. It is a fond memory as it was before I had my G, and I go to WCU and rarely see G's, yours being the first I had seen that was set up to go offroad.

·
Registered
2004 G500
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, this G has come a long way since back then. Since you saw it, I have changed the springs to ORC +40mm springs which lifted it up alittle more than specified. Also added 30mm polyurethane spring spacers. Custom Fox Racing adjustable reservoir shocks. And Finally, fabricated and installed new front suspension control arm brackets in order to lower the mountain position 90mm and restore castor angle... A set of 35" Toyo mud terrains and there ya have it. lol. The perfect setup in my opinion. Drives better than stock, increases clearance and looks right and proportional. Adding a rear stabilizer in the next months and at that point should be pretty much perfect.

·
Registered
'91 300GE; 87 190E
36 Posts
I'm so envious of this truck. How much would you estimate all of the off-road modifications have cost you in total, if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
2004 G500
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update

Hella Rallye 4000 Chrome EuroBeam Lights installed on Light Rack with CELIS "Angel Eye" Rings.

These lights were the biggest pain in the ass to get and had to have them shipped from Europe since they were discontinued.....but once you know what you want, atleast with me, theres no turning back. lol. They look great and wiring them up tonight with factory switches from Vlad at FourbyFourClub.

Decided that the rear is going to get a Rigid Industries 48" LED Bar. I plan on ordering this custom as they have a line called Victory Series that is used more for Law enforcement and allows you to seperate the LED segments in the bar. So the plan is to have the outer cluster of 4 LEDS be blinkers, the following cluster of 6 LEDS be Running and Brake Lights (Dual Intensity) and the remaining center section White which will be on remote switch as well as on reverse. Ofcourse when I receive the strip, I'm going to disassemble it and send it off to chrome before mounting, in order to preserve the OEM AMG look that I'm going for... Its like AMG meets real military offroad.

I just recently decided to volunteer my services for South Florida Search and Rescue and so this truck is absolutely perfect for the application. Im going to mount two GoLight remote control lights on top of the front fenders which will allow me to have side lights as well as remote spots.

If anyone has any questions regarding my setup, please feel free to contact me regarding anything related to the G. Thanks again!

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts